PDA

View Full Version : memorial day rememberance

1idejim
05-27-2012, 01:29 PM
world war 2, Korea and Vietnam vets are fading fast, this weekend is our opportunity (maybe our last for some) to say thanks to all of them.

the men and women serving our nation yesterday, today and tomorrow deserve to hear us say thanks in any way we can.

THANK YOU ALL :usflag: especially you dad

Duekster
05-27-2012, 01:47 PM
Freedom is not free, some paid very dearly. Never take it for granted or think it is permanent. Thanks to Jim's dad and many more like him.

SoCalLandscapeMgmt
05-27-2012, 01:54 PM
My grandfather served in the Navy in WWII in the Pacific. I know that He re-enlisted a couple of times after his initial obligation was up but he never talked much about it. I know that he was on the USS Bunker Hill when it was attached in 1945 and he spent a few days floating in the water waiting to be rescued. There is a lot to be said about the young men of his era. They knew what they were getting into yet they all enlisted without giving it a second thought. They new what had to be done for the good of the nation.

Sprinkus
05-27-2012, 01:55 PM
Many thanks to Veterans everywhere.
Represent!

easy-lift guy
05-27-2012, 06:08 PM
Took my daughter to the airport with mother will be reporting back for duty USN tomorrow. Will be flying my flag half staff tomorrow. God bless America, and all those that made the ultimate sacrifice.
easy-lift guy

marksj
05-27-2012, 06:22 PM
My Grandpa fought in WWI My dad got in the tail end of WWII in occupied Japan.Both survived their campaigns but have passed since.I will always admire them for their service for our country.Thanks to all Vets for their service to keep us free.

greenmonster304
05-27-2012, 06:28 PM
We went to calverton national cemetery today so my wife could visit her father (Vietnam Vet). Most of the head stones are at grade for ease of mowing. They placed American flags at every head stone so it was quite a sight to see thousands of flags in perfect lines.
Posted via Mobile Device