PDA

View Full Version : Purchase Advise Needed

swonkeg
12-26-2002, 07:36 PM
After spending last weekend getting tax stuff together and talking to my accountant he advised me I need to spend some money before end of year. I have some needs (& wants) like :bigger trailer,(have 10 ft. need 16), 48-52 inch wb, (have 36 belt drive scag and 21 toro), & some type of leaf/debris vac for props with large concrete/tile patios-parking areas. The following are some pricing for new:
trailer-$1300 16 ft with ramp
lesco hydro wb- $3100-3300 48 to 52
billy goat - $1200

Need to spend about $3500 so I figured either buy trailer and billy goat and put trimmertrap racks and accessories on trailer or just the mower. I need to increase productivity as I am part-time and solo but not sure which way to go.
Thanks for the replies in advance.

mdb landscaping
12-26-2002, 08:42 PM
You said it yourself you need productivity, so that makes me think you should jump up in size to a 52 or even 60 inch walk behind. You already have a trim mower, so might as well get as big as you can afford. Now if this new mower wont fit on your trailer, i guess you need to purchase a trailer first.

65hoss
12-27-2002, 06:08 AM
I've been doing the same thing over the last several days. I stocked up on parts, bought another blower and rack, etc. If it were me and I need to spend that much it would be in a mower.

devildog
12-27-2002, 06:33 AM
if you looking for productivity....

#1 blower
#2 trailer (how do you get all that stuff on a 10' now?)
#3 supplies for coming year
#4 mower, only if you have a unit on its last leg
#5 racks etc if they are not part of the new trailer

with regards... devildog

Heller Landscaping
12-27-2002, 08:04 AM
You should be able to fit two w/b and a 21" mower on the 10' trailer if you let the handles hang over the edge. I would buy a newer mower so you can increase productivity. Now if you know that for some reason that it won't fit don't even look at a new mower. I don't know how many lawns you have or how big they are will a 52" mower be to big? Also is your trailer still in good condiction. Figure what you need apart from what you want.

Hope this helps.

jkkalbers
12-27-2002, 09:54 AM
Buy the new mower, increase productivity first, then next year when you have this same problem, or in mid -summer when your generating more income, buy the trailer. Unless your trailer is a real piece of junk and you have to worry about breakdowns or getting pulled over all the time, then I would opt for the trailer.

swonkeg
12-27-2002, 12:20 PM
Trailer is in excellent shape as far as fitting new mower on I demoed a toro 52 wb this sunner and it fit with scag and toro(tight) have 2 good bp blowers, weedeaters, stick edger, hedge trimmers Have about 18 non-gated yards (had seven when I purchased 36 scag) mon-fri with saturday for make up or extra work . Thanks for the advise helps make the decision easier

rodfather
12-27-2002, 01:23 PM
Buy the mower...it's a no-brainer.

AztlanLC
12-27-2002, 11:44 PM
Some companies are offering 0% finance charges, why not finance the mower and buy the trailer and billy goat, that way you can depreaciate the mower and write off the trailer and vacum, plus have thousand dollar left to make the payments for 3 months.