PDA

View Full Version : Rock bubbler - gravity fed

dcook1237
05-28-2012, 07:34 PM
I have a granite rock (foot and a half thick....roughly 3 feet around) that my customer wants drilled and then put a hose in and up the hill to a mountain stream and gravity feed a bubble fountain or higher.

1) How big of a hole should I drill? 3/4 inch, 2 inch..what kind of drill (rent a hammer drill)

2) What kind of pipe should I use? garden hose, pvc, pex

3) What kind of elevation drop do I need to get a good bubble or fountain?

I've drilled through concrete before with hammer drills....I assume I should have a water hose going on the rock when I drill it.

DVS Hardscaper
05-28-2012, 08:50 PM
Google Aquabella designs

They will sell you everything you need , including the box that mike invented. And aquascapes copied.

Posted via Mobile Device

2low4NH
06-02-2012, 08:22 PM
3/8 hole max the smaller the hole the more forceful the stream the bigger the hole the less pressure and more volume.

GreenLight
06-03-2012, 09:26 AM
Forgive my ignorance, I may be missing something and if so then disregard, but what is acting as your return on this system? I understand that you will be getting your water from an elevated water source thus you have your feeder line, but what happens to the water after it goes through the rock and into whatever it's final destination is? I know you theoretically don't need a return to provide yourself with continuing water since you are coming from a constant source, but without some form of a return at the bottom aren't you just going to flood the area?