PDA

View Full Version : landscaping for dummies?

bad_chad48
12-27-2002, 12:00 AM
Hello, I just got finished searching through old posts but was unable to find the information that I was looking for. Maybe you guys can help me... I own a lawn care business and am really interested in getting into the landscape side of the business. I currently have a lot of time on my hands and would like to find out as much about this business as I can. I would like to find some books that I could read and study to learn this field... do you all have any sugestions as far as landscaping for dummies ? ha ha
thanks alot. Again I appreciate your info and time.

Bob Minney
12-27-2002, 01:36 AM
This organization has seminars, training, and certification. They sponsor trade shows and have training seminars at those. If they don't have an on line bookstore I suspect the local chapter can help you with that.

http://www.alca.org/

Old Hippy
01-07-2003, 06:28 AM
Get up to Chicago next week and go to the Mid America landscape Contractors show and seminars.
About 40 acres of displays on everything from pavers, walls, fountains, books, equipment and everything to do with the landscaping industry. Vendors for all the growing stuff as well as the hard goods. A great show just a pain because it is out on Navy Pier downtown. It is an education just to walk through. A walk through will take you 4 to 5 hours. I go every other year or so just to see what is new. I got a mailer last week. OOPs I just looked and it is in McCormick Place this year not Navy Pier. that should make it better to get to. Dates a jan 14, 15, 16. You can call them at 817.526.2010 or visit www.midam.org

Bob in Nebraska

SCL
01-07-2003, 09:42 AM
Navy Pier this year, McCormick place 2004.

Old Hippy
01-08-2003, 05:54 AM
SCL, You are right it is Navy Pier again this year. I stand corrected... I pulled the flier out of the file and the thing says Jan 14 to 16 , 2oo4 my mistake.
Get ready for a bus ride around downtown Chicago, but it is worth it to get to the show. Or there is plenty of parking out on the pier. Food is good too go to the Bubba Shrimp Co or something like that in the west end of the pier. It is good seafood. Still well worth the trip to see all the stuff for landscaping.