PDA

View Full Version : Mind blowing.

Mike Leary
05-31-2012, 03:24 PM
For you guys that don't travel much, this is what we see every day (not). You can full-screen it on utube.

timescapes.org/

SoCalLandscapeMgmt
05-31-2012, 04:13 PM
For you guys that don't travel much, this is what we see every day (not). You can full-screen it on utube.

timescapes.org/

Oh yeah.... Tom Lowe is the man when it comes to time lapse. I've actually been waiting for this DVD to be released for over a year now. Definately some awesome imagery! I've shot a small amount of time lapse with a DSLR but nothing like this. These guys are into building these massive rigs with dollies and turntables all programmed to move in small increments with stepper motors and controllers. It's insane!!

jvanvliet
05-31-2012, 05:55 PM
Thumbs Up WOW!

Mark B
05-31-2012, 07:26 PM
That is unreal. Some of his work is in a video on you tube "people are awesome" by some guy. I can't remember his name.

Sprinkus
05-31-2012, 08:54 PM
That's totally cool!

Mike Leary
05-31-2012, 11:41 PM
I just read something where he had it filmed for a t.v. set that had not been invented (or put into service) yet. My kind of guy. Check out his earlier film, also. What do you suppose, he's got a five-ton truck for his tripod?

SoCalLandscapeMgmt
06-01-2012, 12:10 AM
I just read something where he had it filmed for a t.v. set that had not been invented (or put into service) yet. My kind of guy. Check out his earlier film, also. What do you suppose, he's got a five-ton truck for his tripod?

It was filmed for 4K, which is a format that measures approximately 4000px in horizontal resolution.... He shot a bunch of it with the RED One camera system too which is a badass modular camera system.

ARGOS
06-01-2012, 02:54 AM
That is cool!

Duekster
06-01-2012, 03:34 AM
Thanks for sharing

Mike Leary
06-10-2012, 06:53 PM
Oh yeah.... Tom Lowe is the man when it comes to time lapse. I've actually been waiting for this DVD to be released for over a year now. Definately some awesome imagery! I've shot a small amount of time lapse with a DSLR but nothing like this. These guys are into building these massive rigs with dollies and turntables all programmed to move in small increments with stepper motors and controllers. It's insane!!

We just got the DVD, amazing!

drfrumpy
06-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Makes you feel so small.....