PDA

View Full Version : Moss Killer

Tanum
06-01-2012, 08:30 PM
I have being using acetic acid "vinegar"(on hard surfaces only) for the past year with great success, its very cheap to buy compared to other "commercial" products on the market. For a really quick kill, use acetic acid 80% proof, 1.5lts in 20lts of water. Takes about four days to kill, furthermore it seams to prevent moss from re-growing for a while too. It is also effective on light weeds.

shovelracer
06-01-2012, 09:21 PM
I have a customer that had his roof cleaned with this. They were preaching eco friendly, bla bla. Well long story short they damaged several thousand dollars worth of plants and the gutters all go underground and release in the lawn. Well you guessed it nice large dead spots running out the pipes. Every time it rains they get larger and it's been 2 months. One is now 30' long and 5' wide. With this guy doesnt surprise me. I can just picture 1 guy straddling the ridge 4 stories up with no harness trying to pressure wash the roof while the boss is smoking a cig blabbing about how he's saving the world.

Tanum
06-02-2012, 03:04 AM
Hard surfaces as in pathways, drives.. But not painted surfaces. Its an acid after all.
Posted via Mobile Device

cgaengineer
06-02-2012, 03:53 AM
It has to run off the driveway at some point.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tanum
06-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Well all "I" can say is "we" have not had any problems to date, the weird thing is it lifts oil stains of drives as well..