PDA

View Full Version : Landscape Tractors

Bluegrass Lawn Service
12-28-2002, 09:16 PM
Can someone tell me anything about Kioti tractors. I'm looking to buy a new one that is a 4X4 and about 30 hp. Would like to get information on if this is a good piece of equipment or not.

grassdaddy
12-28-2002, 10:15 PM
kubota has them in a lawsuit!don't know how easy yhey would be to get parts for?i'd look long and hard at yanmar and kubota before i'd look elsewhere for a compact tractor.:)

Planter
12-28-2002, 11:03 PM
I don't see too many of them, but I hear they are not a bad tractor. They are kind of an emerging company. I bought Kubota, a very nice tractor, and didn't even look at Kioti because there are no dealers here.

dbear
12-29-2002, 01:30 PM
Blue, you can find out lots and get plenty of info from actual owners over at www.tractorbynet.com. Their discussion board has individual forums for most major compact tractor marketers (notice I said "marketers", not manufacturers as very few actually make what they sell) including a separate one for Kioti.

DaddyRabbit
01-01-2003, 01:39 PM
Bleugrass, I have beat and banged on them all and I can tell you that you can't beat Kubota, impossible. We Landscapers get more inclined to creature comforts as we get older and I for one can tell you I will not shift gears anymore period. The Kioti is a good unit and if you have a GREAT deal then go w/it as the tractor will do you fine if YOU do it fine...Ie., general required maintenance. Just remember that gears have clutches that go south w/use.

kayssupply
01-03-2003, 10:20 PM
If anyone has questions about the Yanmar used tractors or other brands of grey market tractors, I would be glad to answer them. There is a long story about the grey market tractors and their connection to the US models. I won't go into it unless someone is interested.

grassdaddy
01-04-2003, 10:17 AM
Ive never seen a yanmar with a bellymower.-what is the 3rd speed on the pto used for?how many rpm is #3?

kayssupply
01-04-2003, 06:13 PM
The belly mower issue is complicated by the fact that they only have rear PTO. A pull behind is just much cheaper and easier to remove for other tasks. The belly mower ties up the PTO and has to be removed to use the 3 point. They are available though. Woods and several others make them. The US models actually had Yanmar belly mowers available.

The PTO speeds range from 1st 550-570 2nd 730-780 3rd 930-960 4th 1100-1400 all plus or minus a few revs. Depending on which model you have. These tractors were all used for tilling with Japanes tillers that can till at higher rpm and much faster ground speeds. You can till at speeds over 5-7 mph. They are production tillers. You can also till in grassy sod or mud with much better results that the common tillers used in the US.