PDA

View Full Version : Toro DFS Vac Collection System

Clay
12-28-2002, 09:32 PM
Does anyone have experience with the new Toro bagging system for the Zs????

odin
12-29-2002, 02:09 AM
We HAD two on two different 52 inch zmasters .With em on they weighted the mowers down between the bagger itself and the heavy weights that thing was heavy.
But alas like the two machines they were installed on they are gone with the wind.

Clay
12-29-2002, 08:55 PM
odin... so the main reason was for the weight issue? Or was there other reasons for selling the Toros? And what did you end up replacing them with?

Thanks, Clay

jsnrub
12-30-2002, 11:43 PM
Whatever you do,,, dont ever buy a PECO

they are terrible

williamslawn
12-31-2002, 06:34 AM
We have one and it does a fair job. Make sure you get the new style blades. If you don't you will spend more time unclogging the chute than mowing the lawn. It is very heavy and bulky. You will wear out the blower belt in less than 75 hrs. It is very convient to be able to bag a lawn and never leave your seat to dump the hopper.

Overall I think I would purchase again but not if I was going to bag all the time. We only use the bagger for some lawns that have rye and or allot of leaves. We will remove the bagger for the Spring and Summer months. If you must bag all the time I would look at either a Scag Cougar or a Walker.
We have a Scag Cougar. We mulch 80% Discharge 10% and Bag 10% of our lawns.

We use 62" Toro with mulch kit: 52" Turf Tiger with mulch kit: 61" Turf Tiger for discharging: 48" Cougar for Bagging: 62" Toro with DFS Bager for bagging: 36" Scag Walk Behind with mulcher.

Clay
01-01-2003, 11:14 AM
Williamslawn,

Thank you for your reply... about what I was thinking, but not exactly what I "wanted" to hear :-)

When you say "new style blades" are you talking about the atomic mulchers or another high lift blade that I am unaware???

So you like your cougar? I've always wanted a toro z-325 which as you know is very similar... I've owned a Walker before and know how well they are at bagging... awesome.... unfortunately their mulching deck was simply a joke! :-(

I was considering a Hustler ShortCut with the UpperCut deck and a BacVac if I don't get a DFS collection system... On my z-100 it will push 2 grand for the DFS.... so instead was thinking about putting that money towards the Huster???

Based on your experience with the DFS what are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance, Clay

BobR
01-09-2003, 01:28 PM
Clay - Try it before you plop down the big bucks, been there, had it for a month couldn't wait to get rid of my biggest headache.
Now using a Z-150 52" (mows circles around the 325)..