PDA

View Full Version : 17 hp Kawasaki engine fh541v KAI or entire Encore 48" Hydro

BINKY1902
06-06-2012, 11:04 PM
I have a running/cutting 2000's model Encore Hydro 48" walk behind mower with a 17 hp Kawi 541vKAI s22 engine that I will sell as a whole or just the engine. The engine runs great, starts on first pull. I have two of these machines, and only need one. The engine idles great, and runs very strong. The mower as a whole runs/cuts, I just don't get to use it much because I have the other one just like it that I use. I would take $1,200 for the complete machine, or $650 for the engine. I bought the machine mainly for backup but now have another backup machine. I will post pics as soon as possible. Thanks, and located in Arkansas.

BINKY1902
06-06-2012, 11:15 PM
I listed the engine for sale seperately because if I sell the engine I would like to keep the good wheel motors and hydro pumps for parts. If I sell the complete unit that is ok too. The machine is sun faded, and obviously was left in the elements a good bit, which explains the low price. The engine runs flawlessly though, and there is no smoke or leaks. Would be perfect for a walk behind needing a good engine. The hydros are very strong, and I hooked up a sulky to it and it pulled my 240lbs around no problem. Blades engage great, and there are no noises or anything in the spindles.

BINKY1902
06-10-2012, 07:27 PM
bump........

Duekster
06-10-2012, 07:56 PM
What is the Hours ?

BINKY1902
06-10-2012, 09:53 PM
What is the Hours ?

No idea on the hours, it has no hour meter and I bought it a month ago from a company that had about twenty identical Encore walk behinds for sale. I went out there to buy one mower, and saw how well they ran and cut so I bought another just for the heck of it.

BINKY1902
06-11-2012, 02:29 PM
Here is the Encore: $1,000 for the machine; $500 for the engine and I keep the rest. Runs, cuts, operates, fine. Tires are worn and have plugs, but hold air. The mower is sun faded, blades in good shape, hydros are very strong. The tracking is straight on the mower, but the rods need backed out a little to align the neutral setting at the handles, just haven't had time to do it. Does not affect operation because the rod at your knee can put it into neutral as well. The chute channel had a crack repaired, not in the main body of the deck. The safety switch on the handle is not bad, but I bypassed it because the ball on the switch was not aligned perfectly and would shut off sometimes. The mower is ready to cut, I have not had it long but I have cut with it for a couple of hours. Could use new belts. I have also serviced the engine oil/filter, checked plugs, new fuel filter, air filter, and prefilter within the past two weeks. Cranks first pull and runs great. Great cheap mower for someone starting out or for backup.