PDA

View Full Version : John Deere ZTRs

jlcare
12-29-2002, 03:00 PM
What about John Deere ZTRs? Anyone with good/bad experiences. Also, what about their blowers, trimmers, hedge trimmers and blowers?:blob3:

KDJ
12-29-2002, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by jlcare
What about John Deere ZTRs? Anyone with good/bad experiences. Also, what about their blowers, trimmers, hedge trimmers and blowers?:blob3:

All I have used is John Deere.
Walk behind
Trimmers
blowers
And have no problem buying more. This is one happy camper!!!

Potomac Lawns Inc.
12-29-2002, 06:19 PM
Same here all of my mowers are John Deere in fact i will be buying another one in about a month, It will be another Z-Trak, these machines are great go just about anywhere and they are very stable on steep hills as long as the ground is not super wet. If you have any questions about them just email me.

Steve:blob3:

Bergbigler Lawn Care
12-29-2002, 06:23 PM
I too have only ever used JD mowers, WB & self propelled 21", But I am looking into getting a ZTR and would like too hear about there performance and which models to get or stay away from. Any replies would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

turfman59
12-29-2002, 07:39 PM
If your mind is made up to go green then the next few lines are in vain.
I tried the deeres they are a good piece of equipment. I have a friend that uses a 61 ZTR or is it 62? any way, I would demo an exmark.this is the only mower that IMO would be an upgrade from the Mean GREEn Unless your service from JD is outstanding I would put the resources of exmark against any mower manufacturer. this opinion comes from 1 full year of contemplating what mower I should upgrade to from the one I curently use. Believe when I say I ve tried everything within 250 miles of my house. Check this sponsored exmark site out I wrote them a post in the afternoon the other day at 3pm and the next morning I had the answer. I have 2 exmark dealers close and one of my customers that has a lake front property sells them. I drove that guy nuts for 4 months every time I saw him it was one more question about the product.... most all the dealers are very concern about there image and cater to the landscapers needs

Potomac Lawns Inc.
12-29-2002, 07:49 PM
For me my local JD dealer has ben outstanding anything i wish to take out for a demo its no questions asked and if i need a part 9out of 10 times they have it in stock if not its there by noon the next day. Our local exmark dealer is more of a hardware store than anything, however exmark does make some very nice stuff.

Steve

Flex-Deck
12-29-2002, 08:45 PM
JD equipment has been very very reliable, and my JD dealer has service that is outstanding.

1. I do not do a lot of shopping for price - He does not rip me off either, but he does make a profit. - Guess what - he is still in business.

2. When I have a problem, which is rare, I get immediate service, or a loaner, or something that keeps everything running.

3. I have a flex-deck mounted on an eXmark WB 36" Hydro because there are a lot of people on this site that wanted to see one. I also have a flex-deck mounted on a local farmers 36" JD WB belt drive, and he loves it.

4. We have flex-decks on the 1145 front mounts, 955-855-4300 utilities, 455-445-425-318-485- tractors, and are going to put one on the JD ZTR - 7 iron deck this winter at a JD dealer in the Bloomington IL. area.

Here is the 455 - 60" main deck - 18" added with the flex-deck, and a 38" JD deck on the right (lapped 2") so only adds 36" for a wide area mower that will still trim everything you need trimmed.

We can mow between those signs that are 18" from the curb:
We can mow between tombstones 25" apart
We can mow under pine trees so far you will never trim again
We can mow exact square corners
We can mow around a 1 inch diameter tree all 360 degrees without stopping
We can mow narrow ditch bottoms with a wide deck:
See Flex-Deck sponsor forum or www.flex-deck.com

http://Wide Deck

lee b
12-29-2002, 08:57 PM
I have a M665 z, it has been a great mower for me. Over 700 hours so far and very few problems, and when I have a problem my dealer takes very good care of me. If a Deere dealer doesn't have a part in stock, he'll have it the next day. Very satisfied with the mower and the dealer. I think Exmark makes a very good mower, but the closest dealer is about 65 miles away. My Deere dealer is within a 1/2 mile of most of my accounts and when I purchase another mower, it'll be green too.

DLCS
12-29-2002, 10:34 PM
I bought a 2002 JD 757 25hp kaw. with a 60" deck, so far no problems. One thing I love about the 7 Iron deck is that you don't have to scrape it, grass doesn't stick to the deck. My dealer has outstanding service only a mile from my house too. I don't have a Exmark dealer in my area, closest one is 40 miles away. If or when I'm ready to buy another ztr, it will be a green one. :)

Mike

Swampbeast
12-30-2002, 01:32 AM
They suck. Go get a SCAG or Exmark.

:cool:

mklawnman
12-30-2002, 01:44 AM
Used to have green blood in me till i switched to Scag, but im still a JD fan, have a '82 JD314 still running built like a tank. Anyways the JD ZTR's the new ones are better than the older ones, considering they now build their own, unlike before where they just bought them and painted them green and put the awsome 7-Iron deck on. The new ZTR's are built with Green blood in them, with the help of the old Great Dane engineers. Looks like a good line of ZTR's now, now if the prices would come down some in my area id maybe consider them in the future. Great service and reliablity, just little pricey.
Matt

Bill Davis
12-30-2002, 11:03 AM
I love my Exmark. Thats all I got to say.

We do 4 U
12-30-2002, 07:16 PM
I had a JD walk behind and hated it. It was the reason why I didn't even look at JD when i bought my zrt. i got a hustler suoer z and have been very happy with it.

Cooper Landscaping
12-30-2002, 07:29 PM
we do for you-
im looking at deere walk behinds and was just wodnering why you hated yours and what model you had?
thanks
-Coop

We do 4 U
12-30-2002, 07:44 PM
Cooper,

I had the JD 54" with the 14 Kaw on it. I don't rember the model #. First of let me say I thought that the JD wb's are bulit like a tank. Now as to why I didn't like mine, first off it had pistol grips and would wear you hands out. I also have a Toro wb with the t-bar and I love it. Second they have solid front wheels and WOULD BEAT YOU TO DEATH!!! Third, the cut is not that good, it would clump grass and didn't sling it very far. Forth, no floating deck. My Toro has a floating deck and I will never own another WB with a fixed deck. 5th, we had a velke 2 wheel sulky and you had to take it off to get the mower off the trailer because you couldn't chain it up because the gear select lever was in the way.
Look at Toro, Huster, or ex-mark for a WB, imho.

Cooper Landscaping
12-31-2002, 01:09 AM
Thanks
-Coop