PDA

View Full Version : Q's about going from retaining wall to seat wall

Farbio
06-07-2012, 12:03 AM
I have a situation on an upcoming project that I haven't faced yet. The customer would like a seat wall around a paver patio we will be installing. One side of the patio requires a retaining wall about 2 ft tall x 15 ft long. How do I made the transition from retaining wall block to the freestanding block? I can't use the freestanding block for the retaining portion, can I? I would like the freestanding wall to be right on top of the retaining wall if possible.
Posted via Mobile Device

White Gardens
06-07-2012, 12:13 AM
For only being two feet tall, Freestanding block will function as a retaining wall. Just back-fill correctly with clean rock and have good drainage and you'll be fine.

Rockwood I know you can go up to maybe 3 or 4 courses with the freestanding block as a retaining block.

You could also look at a solid block retaining wall. I've used this before and love the versatility of using it as a retaining block or freestanding block.

http://www.paveloc.com/cretastone.html

This block can either be stacked strait up or staggered backwards. Just all depends on the application.

scagrider22
06-07-2012, 10:23 PM
Its easy if you use Allan Block for your retaining wall. We do this all the time, I put Unilock Brussels right on top of Allan Block Europa. The Allan Block has a lip on the outer edge that makes it easy to line up the seat wall. Here is a picture of the inside and outside.

White Gardens
06-07-2012, 10:41 PM
Uhmmmmm, not digging the two different style of blocks together.

alldayrj
06-07-2012, 10:54 PM
or the gaps in the curve

zedosix
06-07-2012, 11:04 PM
or the gaps in the curve

Beat me too it!

scagrider22
06-07-2012, 11:10 PM
Cant see any of it, pine trees were planted around the outer edge of the patio to block it from the neighbors and you cant see it from the inside.

AztlanLC
06-08-2012, 08:08 AM
But the patio and inside wall looks pretty good to me

TerraVenture
06-13-2012, 06:05 AM
Just use double sided block lick mini Creta from techo-bloc.

BradLewisLawnCare
06-15-2012, 09:22 PM
versa-lok makes a double sided block and a single sided. so you have a finished edge above the buried portion. they are 2 inches in depth shorter but the exact same block besides.