PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Cage suggestion?

C.J.
06-07-2012, 10:25 AM
I am having a trailer cage made, going to be 5ft inside to fit our smaller trailer, thinking about having the guy weld on a cooler holder and place to add a pad lock to the door as well, any other ideas or tips to add to this thing?

cclllc
06-11-2012, 09:03 AM
How are you doing your door?Also put some shocks on the door.I suggest having the door lower rather than raise so it serves as a table to work on if needed.Maybe add chains to support it so you don't wear out the shocks.I'm assuming it's going to be on legs also?Mount your trimmer line holder inside but where the line is accessible from outside.Might put a side door on it for things you need the most.

C.J.
06-11-2012, 11:14 AM
that is some good advice, anyone else have anything they wish they did when building one? Im about half way done with it

mwlawns
06-11-2012, 02:16 PM
Nope cclllc pretty much covered it unless you want to mount a hand tool rack on the backside of it

cclllc
06-12-2012, 02:06 AM
If you put a door on it maybe have it drop down in the front so you don't have to get up in the trailer.Add some signs on the side for advertisement

gcbailey
06-12-2012, 07:53 AM
weld rings or something inside for attachment points to keep everything from rolling around, or maybe a couple pieces of angle to form slots where you can make plywood dividers or something inside to keep gas cans, string, whatever else in place.

precision8m
06-20-2012, 08:54 AM
I had one built for me last year. I had the large door swing down, and a side door built for access to smaller things. I also had a shelf built underneath the box that is about 14in high. That was the smartest thing I did as I keep all of my hand tools under there and I can also put fertilizer, seed, irrigation supplies, and gas mix on that shelf.

The shelf will make the box sit higher in the air, but it is the best thing I could have done for my setup.