PDA

View Full Version : this sucks!

Frontier-Lawn
06-07-2012, 10:00 PM
well i come home today from vet at 12:30pm and truck and trailer with equipment gone some loser stole it. so now i am efectifly out of bizz. and i have no faith in north port pd to find it.

herler
06-07-2012, 10:08 PM
I've had Lco's steal my customers and they didn't seem to think much of it.

Darryl G
06-07-2012, 10:09 PM
Wow! That does suck.

Maybe some of the guys on here that are nearby can help out a bit. Maybe put up a new thread titled: "Urgently need help in North Port - Equipment Stolen" or something like that. I forget who it was but this happened to another member here and guys pooled together to help out with spare equipment. I don't think I can be much help from here.

Did you have theft insurance on any of the equipment? I imagine the truck was insured.

Good luck and hope you can get through this.

Ridin' Green
06-07-2012, 10:15 PM
Wow, sorry to hear the bro. I absolutely hate thieves. I hope they find them, and you get your stuff back. They oughta take thieves out to the dunes, shoot their lowlife scumbag asses and leave them for the gulls to feed on.

Being that the equipment was how you make a living, maybe they'll actually try to find them for you. I know in this state they take this kind of stuff more seriously/urgently than if it was just some equipment that you take care of your lawn at home with.

Frontier-Lawn
06-07-2012, 11:56 PM
full insurance on trailer only $25 per 6 months, state farm wanted $350 extra per month for comp and col on the truck deside not to since id not have the cash

Hawkshot99
06-08-2012, 12:27 AM
full insurance on trailer only $25 per 6 months, state farm wanted $350 extra per month for comp and col on the truck deside not to since id not have the cash

Does liability cover your truck getting stolen? Or is that protected in comp an collision?

weeze
06-08-2012, 12:40 AM
liability covers theft

BladesEC
06-08-2012, 12:41 AM
That really sucks. I jut started a new business here in SWFL, and today ordered two GPS trackers...one for the mower, and the other for the trailer itself. Initial cost was $250 per GPS unit (designed for mowers and trailers), and the monthly tracking program runs $19 monthly.

I know I would feel so violated if someone were to take off with trailer or the most expensive piece of equipment, even though I'm fully insured. So the GPS has features such as a pre-set area, and if the tracked equipment moves out of this area during a pre-set time period that I choose, it alerts me via email, text, and I can log on to view the immediate location of my gear.

I looked thru this site for the past few weeks, and really didn't see anything that was specific to mowers and trailers. The link to the product is www.trackersystems.net

While I hope I never have my equipment stollen, I also hope I will be able to enjoy catching/watching the arrest and conviction of the scumbags who do try, and the GPS system leads myself and LE right to their door.

Hope this link helps those with similar concerns.

Darryl G
06-08-2012, 01:13 AM
No liability does not cover theft, comprehesive does...fire, theft, storm damage, vandalism.

dutchacres
06-08-2012, 01:25 AM
That sucks dude but you got to have insurance man! I know it is expensive but look at what it would have saved you now. Hopefully you have learned your lesson and will not make this mistake again. I had a trailer with two exmark riders and a brand new exmark walkbehind stolen a few years ago. Cops looked forever and about three years later called and said we got one of your mowers back. They busted a ring of thieves that were stealing all kinds of equipment and quads and stuff. Insurance is part of doing business and honestly what if you would have hit someone or did something to a property that would have put you out of business as well. Got to cover your butt!!!

easy-lift guy
06-08-2012, 03:02 AM
I am based in Venice. Do you have any pictures of your rig?. If you own your home perhaps you can file a claim with your home owners policy or renters insurance?
Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
easy-lift guy

Frontier-Lawn
06-08-2012, 11:34 AM
I am based in Venice. Do you have any pictures of your rig?. If you own your home perhaps you can file a claim with your home owners policy or renters insurance?
Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
easy-lift guy

may need you to take care some of my venice propertyies so i can stay in biz and not have to get rid of clients and shut down until replacement stuff is bought (if and when)

Frontier-Lawn
06-08-2012, 09:04 PM
truck was found in plant city 4hrs north of me. was in a ditch both door and ingnition was punched and stereo was riped out trailer and equip still mia. who knows when i will get the truck back from county mountys.

easy-lift guy
06-08-2012, 09:53 PM
That news is better than I expected, keep after the local detective handling the case. I hope you get your truck and trailer back soon. Will your insurance company provide you with a rental in the mean time?, how go's the claim for your equipment losses??.
I believe you may be eligible for a victims compensation fund due to your work truck being stolen as well. Check with your local Police and or the States attornys office for more details. All the best.
easy-lift guy

Frontier-Lawn
06-08-2012, 11:00 PM
That news is better than I expected, keep after the local detective handling the case. I hope you get your truck and trailer back soon. Will your insurance company provide you with a rental in the mean time?, how go's the claim for your equipment losses??.
I believe you may be eligible for a victims compensation fund due to your work truck being stolen as well. Check with your local Police and or the States attornys office for more details. All the best.
easy-lift guy

no state farm sol on truck and with trailer since that was full coverage i cant get any money from them until 25days from filing of said claim so basicaly my company is out of business after 9yrs of operation

Frontier-Lawn
06-08-2012, 11:05 PM
trailer pics has a new lowes diamond plate tool box on front. green mower is now a honda brand and echo handhelds and blower instead of kawasaki's

easy-lift guy
06-08-2012, 11:14 PM
Check on the victims assistance fund thru the State of Florida. Is it possible to secure a short term loan from your bank or credit union based on your circumstances? I believe your still in it, don't give up yet!
easy-lift guy

Frontier-Lawn
06-08-2012, 11:23 PM
Check on the victims assistance fund thru the State of Florida. Is it possible to secure a short term loan from your bank or credit union based on your circumstances? I believe your still in it, don't give up yet!
easy-lift guy

looked in to the vaf and looks like i cant and as for loan sol credit sub par need to get a silent partner for finace backing then or doanations.

easy-lift guy
06-08-2012, 11:38 PM
What if you used your insurance settlement as collateral?, funds could go directly to bank and you would still be able to secure your replacement equipment for say a 30 or 45 day note?. Otherwise you could try JD went worth 877cashnow.
easy-lift guy

Frontier-Lawn
06-09-2012, 12:12 AM
trailer was only worth $1,500 new

Darryl G
06-09-2012, 12:24 AM
I strongly suggest that you post an "Urgent Helped Needed in North Port" message here or something to that effect before you go throwing in the towel. It will just take a few guys/gals stepping up to help you out and keep you in business, whether it be letting you use some backup equipment or covering your accounts for you until you can get things back in order. It's been done before! There is also a stolen equipment section here where you might want to post.

Daily Lawn/Landscape
06-12-2012, 11:45 PM
Have you talked to your agent about your claim. He can expedite the claim check. I have never waited more than 24 hrs to get aclaim check from state farm and in a lot of cases, had a check the same day. My wife totaled one of my company trucks a couple years back in the late afternoon. I had a check befor noon the next day. Get your agent to get the check. Time is money! You should get your truck back after processed by pd. A day or 2 at most. Good luck!

Frontier-Lawn
06-13-2012, 12:08 AM
Have you talked to your agent about your claim. He can expedite the claim check. I have never waited more than 24 hrs to get aclaim check from state farm and in a lot of cases, had a check the same day. My wife totaled one of my company trucks a couple years back in the late afternoon. I had a check befor noon the next day. Get your agent to get the check. Time is money! You should get your truck back after processed by pd. A day or 2 at most. Good luck!

the diff is stolen vrs wreck

Chilehead
06-21-2012, 04:47 PM
This may also help.......Show the pics of your equipment to all the pawn shops you can find in a 25-mile radius. Also post an alert with pics for stolen equipment on Craigslist and backpage.com. Advertise a reward (whatever you can do) for whomever turns these guys in.

Chilehead
06-21-2012, 04:49 PM
Oh, and one more thing.....if you find the punk, PM me. I am the Godfather after all.

Frontier-Lawn
06-21-2012, 05:19 PM
This may also help.......Show the pics of your equipment to all the pawn shops you can find in a 25-mile radius. Also post an alert with pics for stolen equipment on Craigslist and backpage.com. Advertise a reward (whatever you can do) for whomever turns these guys in.

truck was found in plant city so the trailer is probly up there also. 1.3hrs away 100miles away

Chilehead
06-21-2012, 08:02 PM
BTW, I like your use of the Tidy cat litter bucket. i literally have dozens of them--all labeled--throughout my garage

Capemay Eagle
06-24-2012, 08:30 PM
Sad news. Man I hate thieves. Putting a working man out of business. Theft of this nature should result in harsh punishment, I am talking 20+ years prison time.

I am sure you thought of it, but could you possibly just goto a rental center and rent what you need till you get your replacement equipment? Throw it on a credit card till you get reimbursed. I have also heard stories where a dealer might throw you a rental or front you a machine till you purchase a new machine. Good luck, I hope everything works out for you.

Chilehead
06-24-2012, 11:10 PM
Alot of manufacturers are also offering free demos of their equipment. You could try some of those.

A Leaf Above
07-10-2012, 01:30 AM
Statefarm will take 30 days to get paid on your vehicle ....The trailer will also be paid off in 30 days ...They wait 30 days to see if it is found or not ...Your equipment if not insured threw an INland marine policy with state farm WILL NOT be covered and you are **** outta luck unfortunately ...It happens down here all the time and i just dont understand why people dont insure their equipment fully ....For every $1000 of FULL REPLACEMENT COVERAGE it costs like $15 a month ....Please dont cut cornrs on insurance ...Its only expensive till you need it ..

This just happened Sunday here ..well happens everyday but this one made the news ...

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/21007956357810/100k-in-lawn-equipment-stolen/