PDA

View Full Version : Where is DanaMac?

Mike Leary
06-09-2012, 02:36 PM
Saw some video of Colorado Springs weather. Looks like you got hammered! Were you out on the job and are you allright?

Wet_Boots
06-09-2012, 02:55 PM
I think he went ballooning with friends, family, and a big bottle of Wild Turkey

DanaMac
06-09-2012, 03:37 PM
The massive Wednesday storm hit in the central part of town. I live far north and saw not a drop. One area recorded 4" in 2 hours. Hail was incredible both Wednesday and Thursday night.
Wed night it was so bad in one area, that they still had hail piles Friday. Snow plows and front end loaders were called out, drainage ditches were not able to function due to the overwhelming volume in such a short span. A couple houses might get condemned, as the entire basements were flooded and water was coming up the stairwell. 100 year event.
Thurs there were a couple tornadoes east of town, and hail larger than golf balls. Roofing and windshield companies are living it up right now. Insurance companies are hurting.
A couple links with photos
http://www.gazette.com/sections/slideshow/?id=14603548
http://www.koaa.com/news/storm-exposed-aging-infrastructure/

No ballooning today boots, too windy out. Climbed Mt Evans last weekend, 14,264', and we have 10-12 more scheduled for this year. Here's me at about 13,500'. Couple of peaks in the background are Torreys and Grays. We came straight up the gulley that is just below in the pic. Started out way past the ponds that are shown. 10 hour day on the hill.

Mike Leary
06-09-2012, 04:08 PM
Glad all is o.k. Great pic! We have a friend in his seventies that's trying to climb all the "14ers".

DanaMac
06-09-2012, 04:47 PM
Glad all is o.k. Great pic! We have a friend in his seventies that's trying to climb all the "14ers".

It's definitely a chore. I started last year, about 4 weeks after my knee surgery. This one is my 3rd. Quandray in 2 weeks, Pikes Peak a couple weeks after that. Some of them you can "bag" 2-4 in a day. I think it's 54 total here in Colorado.
Here's a few more views for you.

Wet_Boots
06-09-2012, 05:44 PM
what's the critter?

DanaMac
06-09-2012, 06:05 PM
Marmot. Lots of marmots and pikas.
Posted via Mobile Device

grassman177
06-09-2012, 06:37 PM
so awesome to be able to live there. wish i was born in mt country. been there and hiked there, backpacked a ton down in the sangre de christos mtns