PDA

View Full Version : Keeping grass growing on slope

JACKSONBRIT
12-30-2002, 07:46 AM
Good Morning,

I have a lawn bus, in Huntsville, Alabama. I have 1 yard that I cannot seem to get the grass to germinate as it is on a very slight incline and also this area serves as the main waterway for rain drain=off. Any and all help appreciated.

#2 I have a retired military customer, he hs a 3/4 fescue yard and 1/4 Bermuda.. The bermuda is taking over fast. How can I kill the bermuda so I can re-seed with fescue.

Thanks.
Johnny Montgomery
Alabama-lawn-man:dizzy:

BBALLTURF
01-04-2003, 11:21 AM
Bermuda wins in full sun.
you could try fusilade with a tank mix of r-up.
Mix the fusilade at .75oz per gal with r-up.
you will need to wait 3 weeks to reseed.
I would wait till july/aug for this app.
i am not sure about the other ? but how about some sort of ground cover like junipers or monkey grass?

IBGreen
01-05-2003, 02:45 AM
Would hydroseeding do the trick?

Randy Scott
01-05-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by JACKSONBRIT
Good Morning,

I have a lawn bus, in Huntsville, Alabama. I have 1 yard that I cannot seem to get the grass to germinate as it is on a very slight incline and also this area serves as the main waterway for rain drain=off. Any and all help appreciated.

#2 I have a retired military customer, he hs a 3/4 fescue yard and 1/4 Bermuda.. The bermuda is taking over fast. How can I kill the bermuda so I can re-seed with fescue.

Thanks.
Johnny Montgomery
Alabama-lawn-man:dizzy:

#1 Seed the area, use erosion control blanket on the slope, and temporarily re-route the runoff with hay bails until the lawn can become well established.

#2 I know nothing about warm season grasses, sorry!

DaddyRabbit
01-06-2003, 07:34 AM
What Randy said will fix you right up.