PDA

View Full Version : 7 X 16 Enclosed Bank Repo

Blessed 1
12-30-2002, 01:52 PM
My bank picked up a 1996 Pace 7 X 16 Enclosed trailer today. The payoff is aproximately $3000. It was used by a isulation company and other than a few dings the 2 vents on the roof need replacing. The other negative is it has double doors vise the ramp door which whould be better IMO. Is this a good deal? Is there a web site to get values for used trailers.

SCAPEASAURUSREX
12-30-2002, 02:35 PM
That sounds alittle high.. Price wise... its' 6 years old.. Vents are cheap like $40 each... You could use ramp s in the back , just takes a bit more time to set up ? but could be done, But My suggestion to you would be to price out the equvilent trailer new.. It's probably a $4500 dollar trailer new SO It would not be worth the 3K at that age unless it was absolutely mint ! ! Just my opinion... But I am really picky with this stuff.. SOmetimes its just worth it to get new for a few bucks more.. Also , Check the wheel bearings, if they werent maintained, they may need replacing, Also how are the brakes ?? what abut tires too... Got to figure all that in cause if you need to replace all those things to make it usable , youll be droppin alot of dough...

NC Big Daddy
12-30-2002, 02:48 PM
Thats way to much money. Keep looking there are a ton for sell.

HarryD
12-30-2002, 03:24 PM
thing is probly closer to 7 yrs old . If you could get it for 2k then it mite be worth it . SCAPEASAURUSREX said it all if you have to replace all those goods you mite as well go NEW

Blessed 1
12-30-2002, 03:28 PM
I will offer $1800 and be prepared to go as high as 2k. I appreciate the quick reply's. Lets see if they really want to get rid of it or let it sit!

Brickman
12-30-2002, 03:37 PM
Blessed I think your prices are about right. And these trailers do hold resale pretty good. Look around and try to find a good used one you will see what I mean.

KirbysLawn
12-30-2002, 03:52 PM
Way too high. I bought a new 2000 haulmark same size loaded for $4800.

TurfPro
12-30-2002, 06:38 PM
I don't want to get too far off topic here,but does anyone know of where to shop for standard landscape trailers?
I'd like to find a used 16ft with 3-4' sides and an enclosed expanded metal tool box built in..................

Thanks

gogetter
12-30-2002, 06:52 PM
Turfpro, your best bet would be to visit (or call) a the local trailer dealers in your area to see what they have first. They may even have used stuff available for less.
Or look on eBay.

Blessed 1, I wouldn't want to deal with the door thing myself. Unless it's possible to switch it out for a ramp door, but I doubt it would be cheap even if it was possible.

xpnd
12-30-2002, 07:39 PM
Will be puchasing a new 7'X16 tandem tomorrow. Option 1: steel sided, wedge nose, ramp gate with spring assist closer, side door, tandem 5200lb torsion axles, electric brakes all 4 wheels, spare tire and carrier: $3.9K before TTL
Option 2: Same as above except aluminum skin, brakes on rear axle only, 3500lb leaf spring: 4.9K before TTL
Pace are nice trailers. I have a 6X12 at the present time. Hindsight would not allow me to purchase a second one nor recommend one to someone I thought of as my friend. 3K for a used sounds very high compared to my quotes.

lawncare3
12-30-2002, 10:43 PM
What does IMO mean?

HarryD
12-30-2002, 11:08 PM
IMO = In my opinion

devildog
12-31-2002, 05:59 AM
Blessed,
The wholesale book on that unit is 1300 - or + depending on condition. Aside from that, you will regret not having the ramp (unless you are using it for lndscp or irr const) You did not mention how many doors at the front of the unit, curb side or street-side? The two door option makes it much safer and functional. With Regards... devildog

HarryD
01-01-2003, 10:28 PM
blessed

well what happened . did they take your offer

HarryD
01-01-2003, 10:28 PM
blessed

well what happened . did they take your offer

Blessed 1
01-02-2003, 07:04 PM
I have not heard anything on the offer yet. I think that when they do a repo they have to wait x amount of days before selling it. I will not be ready for about 7- 10 days (taxes) so no news is good news right now. I am tempted to print this thread and take it to the bank.

Devildog, is there a web site that I can see the book value on the trailer or is it a dealer thang :rolleyes:

The door is on the curb side and I get tired of handling ramps on my storage building so I know that I am not going to like the double doors in the rear, but for 2K or less-I'll get over it!:D

Heller Landscaping
01-02-2003, 07:14 PM
I don't know about you but I couldn't live without my rear ramp door. Think twice before you spend the payup . Remember those ramps are going to take up space in the trailer.

Just my 2 cents Hope it helps.:)

devildog
01-03-2003, 07:44 AM
We have a unit w/ ramp & 2 doors same year/size. Value was supplied by our ins. carrier during annual review of our policies. I agree with Heller, you will not be full benefit of the unit w/o ramp. With Regards... devildog