PDA

View Full Version : What would you do? Need your help!!

cstafford
06-11-2012, 01:33 AM
Calling on my brothers out there to help with this one. See the image. Client wants irrigation in both beds (left and right in image). Problem is the street in between. . My thoughts are to place individual equipment (timer, PVB, etc) on each side. There is a source of water and electricity on each side. Please advsie what you would consider.

mitchgo
06-11-2012, 04:33 AM
Sounds like you answered your own question...

Installing pipe under a city road is a big no no....

I'm actually confused... IF there is water and power on both sides .. What is the actual question here? Sounds pretty self explanatory to me.. Are you concerned about cost ? It's a hoa they can handle it .. If they can't then don't do the job. Infact buffer your bid 10%

mitchgo
06-11-2012, 06:19 AM
under an a existing city road I want to clarify..

If you're the contractor of a new development then go for it

Duekster
06-11-2012, 07:07 AM
No Brainer

DanaMac
06-11-2012, 07:56 AM
yup, PVB both sides, with a theft prevention cage around each.

Stuttering Stan
06-11-2012, 08:55 AM
Run the pipe up the power pole, attach to the cable line, and across the street. What a great morning to be Mr. Innovative!!!

Kiril
06-11-2012, 09:09 AM
I would pitch the idea of tapping into the irrigation of the two houses. No different than a city requiring a property owner to water their street trees. If it is a HOA with dues, then it is an easier proposition as you can reduce the dues for the two house as compensation for the water used.

Duekster
06-11-2012, 09:12 AM
I would pitch the idea of tapping into the irrigation of the two houses. No different than a city requiring a property owner to water their street trees. If it is a HOA with dues, then it is an easier proposition as you can reduce the dues for the two house as compensation for the water used.

pipe over the power pole is a way better idea

FIMCO-MEISTER
06-11-2012, 09:14 AM
I was involved in an HOA that did just that. Turned into a real headache because of reimbursement issues, service issues, and programming issues. If you can get them to go for two separate taps! controllers, and PVBs I'd definitely go that route. Tap off the homes as a last option.

Kiril
06-11-2012, 09:21 AM
pipe over the power pole is a way better idea

... and tapped into the fire hydrant.

Kiril
06-11-2012, 09:24 AM
I was involved in an HOA that did just that. Turned into a real headache because of reimbursement issues, service issues, and programming issues. If you can get them to go for two separate taps! controllers, and PVBs I'd definitely go that route. Tap off the homes as a last option.

Personally pete, I would opt no irrigation rather than go that route. The expense to irrigate (install) those two tiny areas would be phenomenal. If you can't tap into the houses irrigation, then plant some regionally appropriate plants and forget about the irrigation.

cstafford
06-11-2012, 09:46 AM
Many thanks to all who have responded. I'm grateful. Thanks.

FIMCO-MEISTER
06-11-2012, 10:22 AM
New Orleans should have plenty of plants that could survive without irrigation. From my experience HOAs start thinking about irrigating spots like this to add some color. If they have a bunch of money saved up from dues then blow it on an irrigator would be my preference.

DanaMac
06-11-2012, 10:23 AM

I used to service one that was like that as well. Big PITA. One side decided to stick it to the HOA and wouldn't water anything. Other side looked great.

cstafford
06-11-2012, 10:34 AM
@FIMCO, this is exactly what they want to do...Add some color to the entrance.