PDA

View Full Version : What product for crabgrass eradication

jimq1
06-11-2012, 01:15 PM
I have a yard with centipede in the rear and bermuda on the side and front. Crabgrass is cropping up again and I am looking for advice on getting rid of it.

fmcprosolutions
06-12-2012, 04:53 PM
If you are only trying to control crabgrass, then products that contain quinclorac are your best option.

BASF offers Drive in either a dry or liquid formulation, but you'll need a MSO surfactant with it.

We (FMC) offer Solitare herbicide, which is an optimized combination of sulfentrazone + quinclorac. This will also control many other turf broadleaf weeds and sedges that may be present at the time of application. It comes in a 1 lb jar, which will treat one acre. There is a promotion going on now if you buy a case or more. Do not use a surfactant with Solitare.

PBI/Gordon offers Q4 Plus which contains quinclorac, sulfentrazone (lower amt of ai vs. Solitare), 2, 4-D, and dicamba.

All of these products contain 0.75 lbs ai of quinclorac. Performance with these products will differ on different stages of crabgrass due to additional active ingredients that may be in the formulation.

Mark Oomkes
06-12-2012, 06:27 PM
Do you want to eradicate it or control it?

jimq1
06-13-2012, 09:06 AM
My infestation is not great but I do not want it getting out of hand. Would love to see it eradicated but is that possible without destroying my yard?

Mark Oomkes
06-13-2012, 09:27 AM
That's why I asked.