PDA

View Full Version : I'm sooooo sorry!

kevinboatright
12-30-2002, 03:16 PM
Hi,
I am Kevinís wife and I just want to say how sorry I am.

As my husband stated before, we are starting an excavating business in 2003. While doing research for our business plan, we found a small earthworks forum and we posted our question about annual revenue. The only response we got was to post our question on your site as it had more members. So we did and your responses were very helpful. Since that day I have been reading and searching through your thousands of threads in all the forums, and on almost every page (especially in the Elements of Business) is some poor, totally innocent, ignorant person like myself posting the same question about starting a business. Most of you guys always answer with encouragement and help although you must want to pull your hair out with yet another poor sap not using the search forum first.

I donít know if itís possible, but there should be a requirement when you first register that you have to search this site thoroughly before youíre allowed to post your first question. Again I just want to say how sorry I am and how much I admire you guys for all the encouragement and information you give to new people like us.

Thank You!

SCL
12-31-2002, 08:40 AM
No apology needed:cool: When most of us direct new people to a search, its good natured and , if like myself, they know that there are a ton of good responses, better than mine, available. Some like to get the first jump on it and it seems rather short. Good Luck with the biz.

hosejockey2002
12-31-2002, 12:38 PM
Hey, if everyone relied solely on the search function for answers to their questions, very little new discussion would be generated and this whole forum would dry up like a weed drenched with Roundup and blow away.... I think everyone should use the search function but at the same time don't be afraid to solicit fresh ideas and input on topics that have been discussed before.

leadarrows
01-01-2003, 07:45 PM
I use the search function quit often but I'll be darned:eek: if I'M going to be shy about posting questions on this kind of forum. That is what makes this critter tick is it not? Besides there are new members joining daly and to assume no new ideas come with them would be the height of arrogance imo.:)
Offering opinions is a different matter here altogether. You had better be right or the land sharks will eat you!:D
PS!!!!! Don't forget to check your spelling. They shoot you for misspelling here.:gunsfirin

BRL
01-03-2003, 12:11 PM
:gunsfirin quite
:gunsfirin daily

I wouldn't have minded or noticed, but you brought it up :p

Kevin's Wife,
Don't let it happen again!! Just kidding. Leadarrows summed it up good. I like to tell new people who post a common question to search, then after seeing what was already said, ask for more details that may not have been covered, or add their new experiences about that subject. Welcome to Lawnsite & good luck with the new biz!

leadarrows
01-10-2003, 08:40 PM
Dag gone it I used my spell-checker too. Honest I did!!:(
You got me!!:eek: :cry:

bob
01-11-2003, 08:49 PM
Welcome to the forum! Don't worry about it!