PDA

View Full Version : Paver patio tear out base material removal

silverado212
06-11-2012, 06:56 PM
I am bidding on a tear out and re-install of new pavers. New install is not an issue, what is an issue is this would be my first removal of existing pavers and base material. My question is what to do with the base sand and gravel?
Posted via Mobile Device

big daddy b
06-11-2012, 07:12 PM
Dispose of it?
Unless its still useable and you can reinstall it, I wouldn't do that usually but you can.

OneLineAtATime
06-11-2012, 10:52 PM
Dispose of it?
Unless its still useable and you can reinstall it, I wouldn't do that usually but you can.
We do a lot of them, remove the sand and add 9's
Posted via Mobile Device

DVS Hardscaper
06-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Well you could package it and set up a road side stand and try to sell it, tell people it's soil from the planet Mars

Posted via Mobile Device

OneLineAtATime
06-12-2012, 02:12 PM
Well you could package it and set up a road side stand and try to sell it, tell people it's soil from the planet Mars

Hell yeah, good soil mix LOL...

Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

silverado212
06-12-2012, 03:06 PM
I like the mars rock idea. Haha Actually I was trying to ask are there places that would allow you to dump it. I don't have room for that much material on my property.
Posted via Mobile Device

DVS Hardscaper
06-12-2012, 04:32 PM
Yes there are. Feel free to bring it to my place in MD anytime you like!

Best thing to do is find a land owner that will allow you to dump clean fill at no charge. I have run ads on craigslist announcing that I am looking for long term dump sites scattered throughout the area, this way I have a dump site on all corners of the county.

Or, if you're in a metropolitian area, there are probably places that will let you dump for a fee. In the DC area, if you have soil, concrete, block, brick, etc to get rid of - there is a 98% chance the only way you're gettin rid of it is to take it somewhere and pay them to dump.