PDA

View Full Version : River rock removal quote

Bobschlosser94
06-11-2012, 10:33 PM
Hey all. I have lined up a job for laying down mulch in 6 different beds throughout a property. They wanted also for me to remove the river rock that is already there. The problem with this is, I have NOOO clue what to charge, or even how to charge for this. There is about 650 sq ft of rock altogether, according to my rough measurements. They never laid down a mat, so half of the rocks are buried in the soil. Are there methods that can help me get it done faster than by hands and buckets? i'd like to just go in with a bobcat and dig it out, however they want to keep the plants in the beds. Any help is appreciated here.

alldayrj
06-11-2012, 10:53 PM
Labor is labor. Where are you going to dump and how much is it going to cost
Posted via Mobile Device

Bobschlosser94
06-11-2012, 11:03 PM
Dump fees will be 25 per ton, however, if I find a way and take the time to hose off the rocks and clean them, I can sell them to a local stone supplier, for $12 per ton. That would mean if I clean them, I need it to cost less than $37 per ton to wash.

knox gsl
06-12-2012, 12:05 AM
Leave them on your trailer and start spraying them down with the water hose. I would charge $300 for haul away/dump. I would then clean them and resale at a later date whether to a local supplier or to another customer. I would say that you will be around 10-12 hours to dig them all out manually so charge accordingly. Remember its not the customers business what happens to the material when it leaves the property, so always charge dump fees.

Kelly's Landscaping
06-12-2012, 08:31 AM
I have a dry creek bed at my house I built with drainage under it. So 42 tons of gravel and 40 tons or river rock. A few years back a parking lot next to the woods above my house didn't keep their drains cleaned and we had a super heavy rain storm were talking 5-9 inches in a very short time. And that caused a water fall off their property on to mine perhaps 50 feet across and 18 inches high. That came down the hill and removed about 40 tons of material and placed it all over my back yard with all the new silt like a 40 foot wide river delta. I can tell you first hand this stuff is a lot harder to dig up then you might think. As for methods we discovered the 4 prong tool which is like a pitch fork only the prongs are bent 90 degrees and its like a mini iron rake. This was a life saver since the shovel had a lot of issues getting under this since every few millimeters there's another rock to stop it. I wouldn't be surprised if you have 20-25 hours worth of labor digging that up and loading your truck.