PDA

View Full Version : 48 Bobcat Ransomes walk behind

dodge trucker
06-12-2012, 07:30 PM
I am selling very reasonable, it is a good macine just too big for my current needs; a Craigslist "spectator" that called and asked about it suggested that I post it here..
Belt drive model, has 18 HP Briggs opposed twin I/C engine, NEW genuine briggs elec starter NEW Oregon clutch pulley both last summer used only about a dozen times since then, runs great powers thru the heavy stuff; cuts better than my Woods ZTR.

Want some of my garage space back, only asking $850 OBO Private individual, not as much "overhead"

Call my Cell, (815)-514-4552. Located near kankakee IL an hr south of Chicago. about 80 mi north of champaign, 25 mi east of Dwight

mbigred
06-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Can you post sum pictures?

dodge trucker
06-12-2012, 07:56 PM
maybe. I'd have better chance at success attaching them to an E mail I am not good at posting to the websites... I hate computers, I was afraid someone would ask that question.... I like the old days with the classified ad in the paper and call the seller to get info then go look for yourself, system of selling better.
Shoot me a PM w/your E mail and I'll get em to ya. (Id put mine up here but the forum rules say not to)

dodge trucker
06-12-2012, 07:57 PM
ahh I dont see a way to edit posts... i forgot to say "or call me".

dodge trucker
06-13-2012, 10:12 AM
UPDATE; I also have this on CL, and have it set at $775. That is my "gotta have" price.
It's older but it is a great machine.

dodge trucker
06-15-2012, 01:27 PM
PM me your E mail address as I dont see a way to attach pix here... and I'll attach em to an E mail, thatis the only way I know how to send pix/

TinMan1
06-15-2012, 04:05 PM

dodge trucker
06-15-2012, 06:20 PM

I have tried... I can do them on some sites but not others; with or w/o photobucket... I'm great at fixing mechanical things but computers and me=oil and water....

Outlawn
06-17-2012, 01:50 PM
Wish I wasn't 16 hours away.

dodge trucker
06-21-2012, 04:37 PM
a good, fair serious offer takes it.... I mowed with it yet again today, it's a good runner.

JBLandscaping11
06-21-2012, 05:37 PM
i love my bobcat ransomes. I recommend this mower to anyone because of the beautiful quality of cut. Imma bump for a nice mower(:

dodge trucker
06-21-2012, 07:25 PM
i love my bobcat ransomes. I recommend this mower to anyone because of the beautiful quality of cut. Imma bump for a nice mower(:

THANKS!
now that I got my truck goin again (I just converted my 318 Dakota from an auto to a 5 speed, since I prefer a stick) and we are actually supposed to get some RAIN, so the grass can actually green up (its a crunchy brown around me at the moment) I may just put some cards up in the grocery stores, and run it! Regardless, this one's still for sale as I find my 36 incher, gets into gates better.

I never really intro'd myself; yeah I know there's another topic heading for this sort of thing, buuuut since we are here,

I have been messing with basically anything with an engine, since I was a teenager.. (44 now)
I am finally goin back to work after a long layoff, I have been on disability for a few years since I had a chain saw kick back on me, while taking out a stump... in my own front yard, of all places.... lost a good payin' steel mill maintenance job, due to FMLA which led me to Disability..
I almost became "stumpy", myself.
and the economy dumped, coincidentally, about the same time... so I have been havin a hard time findin anything better than min wage since. which as we know don't pay the bills....
I never dreamed I'd be startin over in my 40s back when I was a kid tryin to figure out what to do with my life.... I cut almost thru the shin bone just above my ankle// and when I went to sit down to check it out
(I thought "flesh wound" at this point) my heel caught in the compacted dirt around the stump and my foot went one way while the rest of my leg went the other... that's when I knew I was in trouble.... now that I'm back to bein able to do what I could before bein hurt and have a couple decent mowers, "now" I go back to punchin a clock. figures.
but, along with the economy going bad, it seems everyone w/a pickup truck around here and a rider mower, has gone and bought a trailer and is knockin on doors lookin for yards to cut....

dodge trucker
06-23-2012, 09:25 AM
zzz zzzz zz zzzzz zzzzz zzzzzzz zzzzzzz zzzzzz zzzzzz cmon now, wake up....

dodge trucker
06-27-2012, 08:49 PM
cmon guys I just started a "punch the clock" job this mower is just sitting here between mowing my own yard with it

BigGreen1
06-28-2012, 06:10 PM
Dodge Trucker,

Which city on Craigslist?

Tim

dodge trucker
06-28-2012, 07:08 PM
Dodge Trucker,

Tim

its on both Chicago and Champaign; but that don't really matter now since it's on HERE TOO, now does it??? LOL

I am about 1/3 the way to Chicago 2/3 from Champaign if that makes sense
if you look at a map of I 57, between Chicago and Champaign

dodge trucker
06-28-2012, 07:12 PM
Dodge Trucker,

Tim

its on both Chicago and Champaign; but that don't really matter now since it's on HERE TOO, now does it??? LOL

I am about 1/3 the way to Chicago 2/3 from Champaign if that makes sense
if you look at a map of I 57, between Chicago and Champaign

I honestly do not get why I am not even gettin any interest at all; I am NOT overpriced when I see others like it and even 36 inchers (can't cover as much ground in a given amount of time) for $1100-1500 on there all the time! and none have 18HP engines or electric start for that price either like mine does..
Its like my listing isnt even there,

BigGreen1
06-28-2012, 10:32 PM
Dodge Trucker,

http://chambana.craigslist.org/grd/3068416599.html

There we go folks-pictures.

Tim

dodge trucker
06-29-2012, 05:03 PM
I am old school; I have bought so much by way of "trading post" radio programs or good classified ad where there wasnt a pic available. It does honestly aggravate me when people wont move w/o a million pix.
Thanks for that link that IS my mower. unaltered etc but with so many of them out there and of course Photoshop someone "could" put a pic of one "like" it or use shadowing/the sun etc to hide certain things etc...

and if someone is serious about buying something the buyer still hasto go to the seller to see hear feel what they are considering for themselves.... so why do people get so hung up on pictures?? and yes, texting is blocked from my phone as well. never texted before, and do not want to.
Some old enough may remember a Miller beer commercial from the late 70s, where " a handshake's a deal" among other things; that's how I prefer to deal.

dodge trucker
07-01-2012, 01:21 PM
still here not a bite on it yet; I have it below $700 now..

Outlawn
07-01-2012, 02:34 PM
Move south about 12 hours and then we will talk!
I wish I could come get it, but that's too far for me to go. :cry:

dodge trucker
07-01-2012, 02:47 PM
thanks i appreciate that!!! but man i am sure theres someone at least 9 or 10 hours' drive time closer, that could get some good use from this mower!

dodge trucker
07-02-2012, 10:50 PM
I dont get it are people not seeing my ads? I havent even had a tire kicker let alone anyone semi interested I see similar used mowers with asking prices in the "thousands" and apparently selling.... I have to admit I am getting aggravated

dodge trucker
07-02-2012, 10:52 PM
I dont get it are people not seeing my ads? I havent even had a tire kicker let alone anyone semi interested I see similar used mowers with asking prices in the "thousands" and apparently selling.... I have to admit I am getting aggravated

posting this as reply since I dont see an "edit" option I am NOT saying this based on THIS site, but mainly based on the length of time that I have had this mower listed on CL.... long before I found this site coincidentally from the one and only call I got from the CL ad, he suggested I bring it over here

dodge trucker
07-15-2012, 12:40 AM
I am tired of seeing this mower sit and sit and sit some more with zero interest from anyone in buying it. It is a running working machiine that I put a fair bit of money and time into and I cannot get a bite to save my life.
I just put it to $600! on my CL ads; I saw another pair (different sellers) pop up today, $900 and $1100 With this new job I have I dont have time to part it and package/ship parts....

MAJOR BUMP!

dodge trucker
07-21-2012, 02:36 PM
mower still available, though I pulled my CL ads and may relist in a few days with help from my kid who's better on computers than I am with different pix
I dont understand why I am getting less than zero interest on a mower like this, i have reduced my price way-alot when I started at less than many of the same mowers like this regularly sell for, in the first place. It runs and mows.
See ya later I have a couple of yards to mow with this mower that nobody seems to want.