PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Remote for Dump Trailer.......

Lawn Pawn
06-13-2012, 01:19 PM
Did a search, found nothing at all.

Checked out a couple of units from $45 to $175. Any advice from somebody that has installed one would be appreciated.

I have a PJ 5x10, and they sell for $175 at local dealer.

Gilmore.Landscaping
06-13-2012, 01:29 PM
Why? not trying to be critical put whats the point of spending for the remote system? $45 i might do it but $200 probably not.

KrayzKajun
06-13-2012, 01:44 PM
I guess I don't understand what yur asking. I have a controller on my dump trailer that is on a 10ft or so cord, so I can stand off to the side while dumping.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lawn Pawn
06-13-2012, 02:41 PM
Well... guess I'm being lazy in a couple respects here.

I'm looking for someone that already has purchased and installed one and is happy with it, to save me the homework of doing lots of research.

As to why I want one.... I do have about a 15 ft. cord, and can spread while I'm driving if very careful and go slow. Would like to get away from the hassle of a tethered unit to avoid pinch points, and make things a little simpler/cleaner. If my reasoning is flawed, please let me know.

No.... I probably will not spend $175 for a unit.

TriCountyLawn
06-13-2012, 03:57 PM
"Where the **** did I sit that remote ?

KrayzKajun
06-13-2012, 04:21 PM
"Where the **** did I sit that remote ?

Bingo!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

BrandonV
06-13-2012, 10:19 PM
I had a lodar for our tilt trailer (same concept) very handy for loading by myelf... Ie drive up and set it down.

Lawn Pawn
06-14-2012, 05:07 PM
http://abletrailer.com/remoteschargerpumps.html I just ordered this from John. #R3 on this page.

Spoke with about five different companies about other controllers, lots of different stories. Price determined my choice.

If.... I do receive it, I will let you know how/if it works.

Lawn Pawn
06-24-2012, 10:41 PM
http://abletrailer.com/remoteschargerpumps.html I just ordered this from John. #R3 on this page.

Spoke with about five different companies about other controllers, lots of different stories. Price determined my choice.

If.... I do receive it, I will let you know how/if it works.

Well...... got the remote unit above... but decided to go with the PJ factory set-up instead, because cleaner and simpler to install.

Nothing against the one from John other than LOTS more connections. The PJ works well, and for $175 it should!