View Full Version : Those clear vinyl signs

12-31-2002, 09:18 AM
Has anyone used those clear vinyl signs you see on business windows for truck signs?

The reason I ask is I want to get away from magnetic signs ,but I don't want permanent vinyl lettering on my truck either. If they were available for trucks,you could have the best of both worlds,nice clean look of vinyl,while still being able to remove it as needed.
I saw 1 website that advertised this,but they were for semi's ,,,waaaay too big for a regular truck.

12-31-2002, 09:52 AM
I have seen some on pickups around here. I am thinking of the same thing for my back window of the truck, but still using vinyl on the sides. I talked to the guy who did my magnetics and he said that he could do the window signs for me.

12-31-2002, 12:20 PM
Any sign shop can put vinyl lettering, graphics, etc. on your truck windows. Once they are on you have to scrape the off if you want to change them, but they come off your windows pretty easily. This is the what I have and they look good! :)

12-31-2002, 12:42 PM
I have vinyl lettering on my windows also, But like KLawn said, they don't come off unless you scrape them off.

Joel B.
12-31-2002, 02:00 PM
TurfPro, here's what you do:

Mount 1x5 boards along the top sides of your truck bed, paint them to match the truck and put your vinyl lettering on them. I did and it looks great. The boards can be removed easily if need be and aren't permanently mounted on your truck.

Joel B.

12-31-2002, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I had invisioned the signs you see on glass windows,,they are made of a clear flexable backing with whatever logo/lettering/message built in. I thought this would be nice if you changed trucks ,,,,the clear backing would simply show the truck color,,and the lettering would look as though it was your every day vinyl graphics,no square border. I have really come to dislike the plain 'ol square magnetic sign look.

01-01-2003, 04:41 AM
Are you talking about the ones that u apply water on the back and they stick? Like the lick em flag stickers?

01-01-2003, 08:17 AM
This is more than you were looking for, but check this out. The may be able to make a graphic vinyl logo for your window only.



01-01-2003, 09:22 AM
Yes Lawncare3 that's the kind I'm talking about.

Jeffyr, I have been to that website,, I don't know if they will do any projects this smal seeing how they deal in big rigs..........worth a try though.


01-01-2003, 10:54 AM
try decalzone.com

01-01-2003, 11:33 AM
Sounds to me like you are talking about those static cling decals that you put on windows ?? Like the ones the oil change places use with that date and mileage decal on the inside window.. They are usually really thin ? dont know how well they would hold up or if they would hold on with the winds generated by driving ?? I would think they would blow right off...

Just get color matched magnetics.. Most good sign places should be able to match or at least come pretty close to the same truck color... Or get them shaped to look like an actual permanet decal. Like for exampe,, Get a mag sign shaped like a green tree and then put your info inside that tree ... Or some other shape , like a rock or something.. /?? Just an idea.. I personally have my primary truck permantly lettered and mags on my backup truck..

01-01-2003, 02:08 PM
I use those vinyl stickers, on the back window, it just has the company name and phone number and a little mad cobra.

Work fine for me.