zedosix
06-14-2012, 09:03 PM
OH ya, brussels "y" patten with unilock stonehenge. Nice work

promower
06-14-2012, 09:46 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

promower
06-14-2012, 09:51 PM
Thanks all- love the "y" pattern nice and easy. Ill get some more pics when im motivated but in the circle area we changed the pattern to herringbone using just the smalls, really made that part stand out. Cant go wrong adding lights, i talked them into adding them and they said it was the best investment on the overall project. Happy customer equals happy me and new work toys after that check clears:)
Posted via Mobile Device

bigslick7878
06-15-2012, 09:43 PM
Did you do anything different under the hot tub area? That is a LOT of weight.

Looks good though.

promower
06-16-2012, 03:29 PM
yea we did we have a 12" base under the tub compacted in 2" lifts
Posted via Mobile Device

JBNC
06-16-2012, 06:06 PM
Looks great!

I would want some more privacy around that hot tub though!

promower
06-16-2012, 08:00 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

promower
06-16-2012, 08:06 PM
yea the privacy around the tub became a big issue. there was a code that required the tub to be 5' away from and electrical outlet, power supply etc. originally the tub was going in the far rt corner near the wall but there was a main power source buried there. crazy if you ask me, that main line was 2' + underground with pavers on top but was still not code. we played with the idea of a pergola / wood structure surrounding the tub but just wasnt gonna look rt. In the end they got a 6' screen behind the wall and that was end of it. wish we could have done something different but codes are codes i guess oh well.
Posted via Mobile Device

notlevel
08-17-2012, 11:01 PM
could you have extended the deck over the patio , and use woodblinds or drapes to sheild at night blah blah and so on looks great.

JimLewis
08-21-2012, 04:02 PM
Great work! We do a lot of paver patios, seat walls, fire pits, etc. Every week we have 1-3 such jobs going on for much of the year. But in all the jobs we've done, I never thought of separating the seat wall in 3 different sections like that. I also never thought of installing the lighting on both sides of the seat wall like that either. We have always done it on the patio side only. But that looks great! You've given me new things to think about going forward!

Did you design that? Or do you use a landscape designer / architect?

Also, how did you get the grass to come up so close to the seat wall in your after photos? Did you have to re-seed and then come back later to take the photos once the lawn grew back? Or did you add new sod up there next to the seat walls? Or maybe you were just extremely careful not to damage any sod during the install process. The reason I ask is because whenever we do a patio or seat wall right up next to the lawn, there is always this gap after we're done that needs to be re-seeded or sodded. Mostly because we extended the footing a little outside where our patio/wall was going. But I don't see any gap at all in your photos. So I'm wondering how you managed that.

Gilmore.Landscaping
08-21-2012, 10:55 PM
Very powerful before and after, love the lighting too.

Hopefully they have some money budgeted for planting down the road to block the street view more.

promower
08-27-2012, 03:28 PM
Thanks Jim, we have a freelance designer we use and hes been great at pulling in new customers as well as some great designs. I really liked having the walls seperated to and it makes sense when having a gathering you can have sitting around the fire instead all to one side and also have great access out to the lawn.
Typically we reseed but this was a sod job when were done due to the fact that a graduation party was being held literally 24 hrs from our last day there. We were under the gun there were a lot of design changes upgrades etc that were added throughout the project and the worlds most unreliable electrician set us back 2 days waiting for him to do his prep work he needed to do for the hot tub.
I had to laugh a little when you asked if we were really careful around the edge, we started this job the day after 2" inches of steady rain, wouldnt normally but we were time pressured. Ill find the pic of day 1 and post it, looked like a bomb went off in there yard. Lawn was so wet my shoes were soaked just walking to the backyard to get started.

JimLewis
08-27-2012, 03:46 PM
Ok. Thanks. I couldn't tell if that was new sod or not. I couldn't really see any lines. So that's what made me think it was just the same grass that you started with. Makes perfect sense if you were also installing sod. That's how mine would look too, in that case.

We use a freelance designer too. Only way to go, IMO. She's so much better at design work than any of us are. Plus her personality really pulls people in and she makes people want to work with us.

Groomer
08-27-2012, 03:59 PM
Really does look fantastic. I could see those treated support 4x's for the second story deck getting wrapped in some sort of thicker more architectural column for added visual impact. Nice looking work!

Glenn Lawn Care
08-27-2012, 04:22 PM
Wow that looks super nice!!