PDA

View Full Version : Neighbor Introduction Letter

SprinklerGuy
12-31-2002, 11:21 AM
I found this idea at another site, but have been unable to get a copy of his. The idea was a letter to put on all the neighbors doors at a larger construction job you are beginning. The letter would basically introduce your company to the neighbors, tell them what to expect as in: How many trucks/trailers on site every day, expectactions as to deliveries coming, dust if there will be any. That sort of thing. Also, it would tell a little about your company and offer to give bids to the neighbors and offer a "good neighbor" discount of some sort.

Anybody else do this?

rvsuper
12-31-2002, 01:17 PM
Sounds like a good idea. Where did you get that idea from? I always thought about putting out those signs like they do when they are trying to sell a house, but with the company name, and the services we provide?

SprinklerGuy
12-31-2002, 01:30 PM
I got the idea from a guy on another forum.....he also had site signs with a brochure holder on the post.

This way the shy people could come get a brochure after the workers/foreman left!

Another idea I have been meaning to do and have not done yet!

rvsuper
12-31-2002, 01:37 PM
I am going to look into that. I see many house contractors with that idea around here, maybe if I could join up with one could post a sign that says, lawn and irrigation installed by Rock Valley Lawn & Irrigation.....Just a thought. Anybody do that?

kris
01-01-2003, 02:31 PM
We already have site signs.... I really like the idea of introduction letter to the neighbors.
I'll bring it up at our next meeting ... Thanks

turfman59
01-03-2003, 09:17 PM
I have used site signs since day one, sometimes people stop and ask questions about the process and what it entails,( perfect time to schedule an appointment ) I usually leave them up with permission from property owner for 1 week after the install is done, people seem to like the status of having a new sprinkler system announced to there neihborhood... man is that weird, the site signs i had made are vinyl on plastic corrugated board they usually cost me around 8 bucks a piece. i also use them at annual events that I help sponsor like relay for life and Chamber of Commerce Golf tournaments ect, ect

tiffany
01-07-2003, 02:07 PM
I saw something similar made into a door hanger- It went something along the lines of "please excuse our dust" and then went on to say that the company was working in the neighborhood and then about the company and what they could do. I thought it was a great idea, but I don't know what kind of return it had. The way I figure it though, if you can do it cheaply enough, it can't hurt! After all, they already see your trucks (if you are working in the neighborhood.) And they drive past your signs. One more thing that puts your name in front of them has to be a good thing!

SprinklerGuy
01-10-2003, 11:39 AM
Just an update:

We put out 72 flyers prior to starting a large repair job at a HOA....it took the guys about 10 minutes to do this and the flyers cost......nothing almost on the Office copy machine.

That was 2 days ago...we have had one call for some repairs, that we can do with one of the guys while we are on site!

She said she had no idea we were working there but had seen some of our direct mail, then she got the flyer on her door and the company name seemed familiar........then she saw our van and she thought "gosh these guys are everywhere!" and then she called us!

It works.