PDA

View Full Version : How is everyone doing this year so far?

The Lighting Geek
06-14-2012, 11:01 PM
I am up this year, business is more consistent. Many other local contractors are experiencing the same. How are you all doing thus far?

Classic Lighting
06-15-2012, 01:23 PM
Hitting singles but no home runs.
Posted via Mobile Device

THIESSENS TLC
06-15-2012, 02:39 PM
Business as usual...
Posted via Mobile Device

Mark B
06-15-2012, 03:01 PM
I'm doing awesome!!! I have only done a few small repairs. And I am good with that.

Richie@
06-15-2012, 03:04 PM
Busier than a one armed paper hanger.

David Gretzmier
06-18-2012, 12:24 AM
we continue to do ok to well, but I would love more work. My area just does not place a value on lighting. although we have over 500,000 folks in my 2 county metro area, which should translate into a 5-10000 base of homes to take a strike at, in the dozen or so high value neighorhoods we work in, only one out of 20-30 homes has any professional lighting done. well over half the homes are completely pitch black at night. driving though those same neighborhoods, it looks like we have done over half the pro lighting jobs in those neighborhoods, and most in the last 4 years.

doing the math in my head, it looks like it will take us at least 100 years to get these neighborhoods looking like they do in Dallas, Houston, st. louis, etc, where 50-75% of the high value homes seem to all have very nice uplighting on the home and trees.

NightScenes
06-19-2012, 11:26 PM
Life and business is good in central Texas

Mike M
07-16-2012, 04:42 PM
Tommy,

I have been patiently waiting for the right time to re-enter. I'm thinking of giving her a full-time go next summer.

Mike :)

Lite4
07-16-2012, 08:03 PM
Doing very well for just starting back up. I have a couple projects looming that will set me for the winter if they go this summer or fall. All in all, very good.

starry night
07-16-2012, 08:46 PM
Tim, That is great to hear!!

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
07-17-2012, 07:20 PM
Mike, are you back from Alaska now?

Lite4
07-17-2012, 11:20 PM
I was just wondering the same thing.
Posted via Mobile Device

niteliters
07-20-2012, 06:21 PM
as with many of you who normally have a winter, the lack of one in the midwest and the better economic #'s in the first quarter had our region seeing improvements in business across the board. The drought is beginning to affect some of our potential clients as we have a large farming community around us.

niteliters
07-20-2012, 06:34 PM
at least to this point our business had been growing for many reasons but I believe one reason in particular is the growth of the low voltage outdoor lighting industry in general coupled with more and more quality lighting designers. When we installed our first job many years ago, no one had any opinion about outdoor lighting other than they wanted it. For most this was their first experience. Fast forward to today and am often finding myself dealing with a more educated client. go inside the home the client is likely to have all kinds of thoughts, opinions and ideas about lighting. I think that we might see more and more of that in the years to come. Funny story, I received a call from a young couple. Professionals, making decent money, bought their first home. Didn't recognize the name. Went to their home for a consultation, found out the wife was the daughter of one of our clietns we installed lighting for 15 years ago. now shes married, last name different. I didn't recognize her anyway. she was 11 or 12 years old then!! Anyway, the house they bought didn't have lighting and she said it had to have lighting, that's what she grew up with. It was also different because she had a pretty good idea of what she wanted. felt kind of exciting, but only for about ten seconds, then I just felt old :)

whiffyspark
07-20-2012, 07:24 PM
Haven't got a single job here
Posted via Mobile Device