PDA

View Full Version : Wall vandles

tailboardtech
06-15-2012, 03:00 PM
So here's the problem we have a keystone retaining wall the brats keep ripping the cap blocks off of we have glued them down multiple times and used several kinds of epoxy and they still manage to get them off it just takes a little longer. Does anyone have any ideas to keep them put other than razor wire and explosives?
Posted via Mobile Device

zedosix
06-15-2012, 04:22 PM
So here's the problem we have a keystone retaining wall the brats keep ripping the cap blocks off of we have glued them down multiple times and used several kinds of epoxy and they still manage to get them off it just takes a little longer. Does anyone have any ideas to keep them put other than razor wire and explosives?
Posted via Mobile Device

Hire them and make em do it for a living.

tailboardtech
06-15-2012, 07:24 PM
I wish it was that easy they riped one off 2 weeks ago and threw it through a car window :/
Posted via Mobile Device

promower
06-16-2012, 10:24 PM
do a stakeout and catch em in the act
Posted via Mobile Device

zedosix
06-16-2012, 10:33 PM
Why should it be your problem, you built the wall and someone is vandalizing it! I mean it's the ho's problem now, right.

You could try modified thinset mortar if you really want to hold them in place
Posted via Mobile Device

lazor-cut
06-17-2012, 12:22 AM
http://welovemoviesmorethanyou.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/h71c5146v7o7175o.jpg

shouldnt be your problem.... Hard to tell a loyal customer that though... My neighbor had a group of kids come 4 times and kick his yard decor down a while ago. He found this motion detector buzzer thing online cheap and installed it. He said he woke up many times after the raccoons were walking by..But finally he caught them. They spent 2 nights in jail and were good to go!

randosh4
06-17-2012, 12:27 AM
PL Premium works great will break the caps before the block

THEGOLDPRO
06-17-2012, 12:49 AM
Smear dog crap all over the blocks.

DVS Hardscaper
06-17-2012, 01:51 AM
You musent be using the right adhesive. Or the block is wet when you're gluing it. Good glue is hard to get to break the bond. Usually the block will break before the glue bond. Are you using enough glue? We've glued caps where they'd have to be taken up the next morning and the caps have broken in the removal process.

My 16 yrs exp is telling me:

A) the block or cap is dirty and preventing glue from bonding
B) your bead is too thin
C) you're gluing wet block
D) using crappy glue

Posted via Mobile Device

tailboardtech
06-17-2012, 11:30 AM
The wall is actually owned by the county I work for full time I didn't build it and whoever built it must have been crosseyed. I have used the locktight landscape block glue I also used some stuff called Block-lok I got from York building supply the past 2 times we have glued them back on we power washed the blocks dues to the dirt on them and I came back the next day to glue them when they were good and dry and I have been using a large tube for every 3 blocks. I am thinking of just telling the powers to be to just let them rip them all off and forget about it.
Posted via Mobile Device

DVS Hardscaper
06-17-2012, 12:24 PM
I get our glue from York Building as well.

Another thought - you can't just apply a fat bead of glue and set the cap on the block.

What we do is:

- we apply a fat bead of glue (1 large tube will usually do 14 to 16 linear feet)

- we usually apply the bead in a squiggly line

- we then set the cap down on the bead, and we move the cap back and forth from front to back to smear the glue. I have found that if you don't smear the glue with the motion of the cap - it does not bond well.

A properly glued cap is very difficult to pop loose with a hammer and chissel. If someone is removing these caps with their bare hands - then the glue apps are not correct. Or they must have arms and hands the size of tree trunks.

93Chevy
06-17-2012, 12:31 PM
Make fake blocks out of plastique with a trigger under the block so when it moves...boom.

Some people call that cruel and unusual...if everybody did it it wouldn't be unusual anymore

Krafty
06-19-2012, 08:40 PM
Game camera. It has workd very well for me!

DVS Hardscaper
06-19-2012, 10:22 PM
Game camera. It has workd very well for me!

very good idea.

Where I live we had a problem with someone cutting a padlock to a cable that closed a road off. So, someone set up a game camera. LOL - caught it all! even caught one of the neighbors ramming the cable with his old surburban!