PDA

View Full Version : How much trailer space

nolatoolguy
06-16-2012, 04:59 AM
How much trailer space do you have? Can your trailer hold all your equitment?

Personally ime working with a big tex 35LS trailer witch is a open air 83" by 14' single axle trailer that gets towed by my f150. At this time I cant transport all my equitment witch isnt a big deal cause usually I work alone or if its a bigger job ile hire a buddy for a day.

Anyway, I have to rent a storage space to keep it were as I plan on one day getting a 22'-30' foot enclosed and hopefully be able to keep more equitment with me and not need such a large storage space. The only problem is my truck bed is allways full random junk an then to tow a 20 or 30 foot trailer would put a lot of weight on my 97 f150. It would probably make it I just prefer not to have to do it. My plans are to get a lightly used f550 plow/salter/dump an then have it in the summer to tow my landscape trailer. With that I would only have to store my snowblowers, tiller, and other stuff I wouldnt use on a daily basis.

So do you guys have enough trailer space for everything?

32vld
06-16-2012, 09:59 PM
I have a 4'x8' trailer pulled by an 05 jeep wrangler unlimited (stretched 2dr wrangler).

I would like a pickup with a bed. I would like a 6/7'x12' trailer to better haul cleanup debris and carry that bigger mower that I am going to buy one day. But I do not confuse needs with wants.

All I need to do my lawn route is a 20" pusher, 40" rider, trimmer & edger attachment, blower, two gas cans.

Yes I could have a larger trailer to bring shovels, rakes, chain saw, hedge trimmers, pruning shears, lopers, pole saw, bow saw, hoe, cultivators, spreader, and everything else I own. But why carry tools that are not going to be used.

All that extra weight only adds extra wear and tear on the truck and the trailer, and hits the wallet hard with higher fuel costs. So having a large trailer as a mobile storage shed may not be your best answer.