PDA

View Full Version : Ex Mark Pioneer 44 new

riverdance
06-17-2012, 04:09 PM
Hello all Iam new to this site and just getting started in the lawn business. I would like some feed back on the Ex Mark Pioneer 44 with 20hp. kw. any thoughts good or bad Iwould like to hear. Thanks David

Darryl G
06-17-2012, 09:52 PM
I think that's kind of an oddball size. It's not like it's likely to help you get into gates and it's on the small side for open area mowing. I don't know what kind of accounts you'll be mowing but you might want to step up to at least the 48 incher if not the 52. The Pioneers are similar to the old Lazer HP models but seem to have been cheapened up a bit. I don't get why the foot rest over the deck pulleys doesn't flip up like on most machines, the arm rests look uncomfortable and it seems like more of an estate mower than a commercial mower...just my impressions from looking at one a friend of mine had as a loaner which his machine was in the shop.

zak406
06-17-2012, 10:33 PM
Hello all Iam new to this site and just getting started in the lawn business. I would like some feed back on the Ex Mark Pioneer 44 with 20hp. kw. any thoughts good or bad Iwould like to hear. Thanks David

On top of that I believe you have to shift from forward to reverse on the pioneers. Someone correct me if im wrong, but I believe that is what the lever on the left hand side is for when you sit on the mower....

Darryl G
06-17-2012, 10:40 PM
That lever is probably the parking brake. There's no way you'd have to shift from forward to reverse on a hydro mower with lap bars. You need to be able to go foward or backward with both wheels at all times.

zak406
06-17-2012, 11:05 PM
That lever is probably the parking brake. There's no way you'd have to shift from forward to reverse on a hydro mower with lap bars. You need to be able to go foward or backward with both wheels at all times.

With all due respect and I know I sound nuts but its a F N R lever. I looked at it the other day and thought to myself what the hell good is this. If im right and im 98 % sure Ill get a picture tomorw

Darryl G
06-17-2012, 11:14 PM
That would be weird...you wouldn't be able to do a zero turn! Trust me it's the brake handle.

zak406
06-17-2012, 11:22 PM
That would be weird...you wouldn't be able to do a zero turn! Trust me it's the brake handle.

I cant find a close up photo on the internet, and I know you think im some crazy bastard. However watch this video. Not once do you see him back up nor do you see a true zero turn... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFvUXOKRCK4 Im taking tomorow off to attend to some personal stuff so Ill get you a picture, I have to stop off at the exmark dealer anyway.

Darryl G
06-17-2012, 11:38 PM
I checked the parts diagram...it's the parking brake!

zak406
06-17-2012, 11:47 PM
I checked the parts diagram...it's the parking brake!

I apologize then, I stand corrected. Maybe I am going nuts ? :hammerhead: