PDA

View Full Version : Soft spot?

Jerry and Sons
06-18-2012, 03:21 PM
Just finished excavating for a paver patio. While compacting soil I found a 4x4 area that was very soft and moved while walking on it. I then dug the 4x4 area another 2 feet deep and still it is soft, so I dug another 2 feet, and still the same. Any suggestions on how to handle. I do not want this soft spot to transfer to the top of the patio. Thanks for any suggestions.:hammerhead:

tailboardtech
06-18-2012, 05:20 PM
Search my friend, it's been covered a dozen times on this site
Posted via Mobile Device

xtreem3d
06-18-2012, 10:40 PM
why wouldn't you just help the guy ? he's obviously trying to do good work and not phishing for step by step instruction

alldayrj
06-18-2012, 11:12 PM
compacted base material should do the trick. you already dug it out? thats the hard part!

Snyder's Lawn Inc
06-18-2012, 11:16 PM
Just finished excavating for a paver patio. While compacting soil I found a 4x4 area that was very soft and moved while walking on it. I then dug the 4x4 area another 2 feet deep and still it is soft, so I dug another 2 feet, and still the same. Any suggestions on how to handle. I do not want this soft spot to transfer to the top of the patio. Thanks for any suggestions.:hammerhead:

I had one in a patio job what I did took itdown 3ft and filled it with B6X pack it every foot Patio never moved that was 12-13 yrs ago thinking know was in late 90s

zedosix
06-18-2012, 11:50 PM
There are more than one method too fixing this problem. We encountered one this year and I took it down 7'. I back filled with 2" clear and compacted every foot or so with large plate compactor. When I got to the regular excavation depth I laid in a geo tex over top and continued with my project. Other ways would include adding dry portland cement to the affected area.