PDA

View Full Version : Time to fess up

BrandonV
06-18-2012, 06:54 PM
OK guys who did this?

BrandonV
06-18-2012, 06:57 PM
also if you're very observant you'll see the drip line that was run under the pavers (not sleeved) it never worked either btw. I commend your (you know who you are) confidence in you compaction equipment because even though this was built on sand rock you didn't feel the need for fabric, you truly are a leader.

Duekster
06-18-2012, 06:57 PM
Why what is wrong with it?

Seriously, Was there a way to move the down spout?

BrandonV
06-18-2012, 07:15 PM
downspout wasn't the problem actually... look at the base material, it's been pumping into the sub grade. Though since you mention the downspout I'd like to say anything that I run under hardscape is going to be thick walled and not thin, kudos on at least using PVC.

DVS Hardscaper
06-18-2012, 08:07 PM
I reviewed the photos in order and I concluded my own thoughts prior to reading the comments after the pictures.

Based on the limited visibility in the photos, what I see here is a clogged downspout issue. Not a soil issue. We had a similar experience with a patio and I've even talked about that experience in length on this forum :)

Sure geo-textile fabric is a must. But ckeeping your gutters clean is even more of a must. I have a gutter on my home that is damaged from a tree falling on it. So the water spills over the side of the gutter right before it connects to a downspout. And the ground below looks the same as the picture shown above.

Sorry, it's a water issue. Not a soil issue. Tell the people to open their curtains once in a while and they'd see the water stream gushing down.

And if I'm wrong! Then you need to post pictures BEFORE the pavers were taken up!

BrandonV
06-18-2012, 08:14 PM
sorry don't have a before picture, the gutter isn't clogged though, the ones in the front of the home were (see photos, they were actually burried under 4" of turf???)
here is picture of the base/soil mix.

BrandonV
06-18-2012, 08:16 PM
we'll eventually have to take up the whole patio since it sloped to the house in a few spot (see the door over in the first set of pics)

Gilmore.Landscaping
06-18-2012, 11:13 PM
Well according to DVS its also ok to cover up the brick material......hopefully they don;t have water issues in the basement.....looks like fun.

BradLewisLawnCare
06-21-2012, 07:03 PM
Well according to DVS its also ok to cover up the brick material......hopefully they don;t have water issues in the basement.....looks like fun.

I have a brick foundation. The whole thing is covered by dirt. My mother two doors down also does. My basement is dry as a bone. DVS quoted in the other thread that if it is designed to be under grade and the soil is sloped away, you should have no problems.

ramu3527
08-25-2012, 11:19 PM
I have a brick foundation. The whole thing is covered by dirt. My mother two doors down also does. My basement is dry as a bone. DVS quoted in the other thread that if it is designed to be under grade and the soil is sloped away, you should have no problems.

Please, what do you mean, exactly, when you say you have a brick foundation?

BradLewisLawnCare
08-26-2012, 09:34 AM
Ok. My house is a cocrete footing with bricks on the footing up to sill. They are 3 bricks wide. Constructed in 1910 around. Many different materials have been used for foundation as technology became available in that partiicular period. Poured concrete is big now.

Every house on my street has a brick foundation, some have a bit of stone also, but brick and stone on those.

In conclusion brick is the material in between my footing and sill plate. I have a 2 story house 2300 sq ft. Foundation is plumb.
Posted via Mobile Device

BradLewisLawnCare
08-26-2012, 09:43 AM
http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=249997&d=1338848299
Posted via Mobile Device

BradLewisLawnCare
08-26-2012, 09:44 AM
House to right in picture.
Posted via Mobile Device

ramu3527
08-26-2012, 10:09 AM
Ok. My house is a cocrete footing with bricks on the footing up to sill. They are 3 bricks wide. Constructed in 1910 around. Many different materials have been used for foundation as technology became available in that partiicular period. Poured concrete is big now.

Every house on my street has a brick foundation, some have a bit of stone also, but brick and stone on those.

In conclusion brick is the material in between my footing and sill plate. I have a 2 story house 2300 sq ft. Foundation is plumb.
Posted via Mobile Device

OK, I think I see. So you have a brick wall sitting on your poured foundation. Which your sill sits on.

Thanks for clarifying...

BradLewisLawnCare
08-26-2012, 10:37 AM
It's is a poured footing only. But I think you have the idea. Not a veneer.
Posted via Mobile Device

meets1
08-27-2012, 02:16 AM
so whats the deal with pictures? I must of lost the story line somewhere.