PDA

View Full Version : I found the sleeve!

mitchgo
06-20-2012, 04:03 AM
I'm getting beat as I'm starting my 4th install in a row tomorrow. It's not even physical it's mental. I have a nack for high effienency with extremely good management/ delegation skills ( Much better then my boss lol ) soo I'm always the foreman for the installs.. Even with other foremans/ seniors.

Right now I have 2 newer crew members who do work hard, but they are still learning. So it's task after task with showing them what to do and detailed explanation. I really don't mind this but the battle against me is time... Never enough time!

Today was funny. The bid was contingent on either if we can missle under the driveway or have to go around the house ( which was a nightmare) . As every City utility and house utility crossed here the ticker was the water service line cut diagonal up the driveway so I found out after I traced the poly line.- so using the missle was too dangerous.

Spent all day getting the pipe around the house for a total of 8 heads on the right side of the driveway and 2 on the left side of the driveway.

As 6pm was nearing today on the last head on the left side of the driveway.. I find a big yellow 3" pipe. . At first it scared the HELL out of me as I thought it was gas but I exposed it more and it was the sleeve.

I would have saved probably 15 man hours today with the 3 of us if I knew this was here

koster_irrigation
06-20-2012, 07:26 AM
gotta love it!

i think thats happened to me to, only i ended up boring the driveway
and found the sleeve while digging to find the bore rod as it
got to the other side of the driveway!!

jabbo
06-20-2012, 08:08 AM
You know I put a 2" sleeve under my driveway while I was installing my system and before the driveway was paved so it's down there some where...LOL I know the general area but not the exact point...I guess I would have to do alot of probing with a metal rod to try and find it again if i needed it...

Sprinkus
06-20-2012, 09:29 AM
Gotta use your witching sticks/dousing rods to check for possible sleeves. It's saved my butt more than once.

Kiril
06-20-2012, 09:42 AM
The expectation of no sleeve is the safer assumption, although it doesn't hurt to hope someone didn't have their head up their ass and make some attempt to find one.

1idejim
06-20-2012, 10:32 AM
The expectation of no sleeve is the safer assumption, although it doesn't hurt to hope someone didn't have their head up their ass and make some attempt to find one.

agreed, even a blind pig finds a peach once in a while