PDA

View Full Version : Couple of interesting products

FIMCO-MEISTER
06-20-2012, 03:59 PM
A catch can reader among other features for auditing purposes.
http://www.spotonproducts.com/agricultural-catchcan.htm

Irrigation nozzle flow meter
http://www.spotonproducts.com/agricultural-flowmeter.htm

Kiril
06-20-2012, 05:03 PM
A catch can reader among other features for auditing purposes.
http://www.spotonproducts.com/agricultural-catchcan.htm

:laugh: :laugh:

Irrigation nozzle flow meter
http://www.spotonproducts.com/agricultural-flowmeter.htm

Mike Leary
06-20-2012, 05:23 PM

Double ditto, I saw their ads in Landscape & Irrigation. :laugh:

jvanvliet
06-20-2012, 05:36 PM
Are these made by Popeile?

FIMCO-MEISTER
06-20-2012, 07:42 PM
Anything that can speed up a job and minimize the potential for calculation errors is worth looking at. The nozzle flow meter is limited to AG mainly but the time saving math for the catch can measurer is better than picking up every catch can, reading the measurement, writing it down, then doing the math. It basically does all that for you. Course I believe a remote saves time and some still don't.

1idejim
06-20-2012, 08:33 PM
Anything that can speed up a job and minimize the potential for calculation errors is worth looking at. The nozzle flow meter is limited to AG mainly but the time saving math for the catch can measurer is better than picking up every catch can, reading the measurement, writing it down, then doing the math. It basically does all that for you. Course I believe a remote saves time and some still don't.

for a grand you can buy a lot of pens and paper :eek:

FIMCO-MEISTER
06-20-2012, 08:44 PM
I agree the price was a shock. Still if you did this type of work extensively it could be a big time saver and lessen the chance for errors. You would need a different type of catch can as well. Need to have straps but you wouldn't have to overpay for cones with hard to read numbers.

Kiril
06-20-2012, 08:46 PM
for a grand you can buy a lot of pens and paper :eek:

.... That are a hell of a lot more accurate than +/- 38 ml. Of course we have to assume all your catch cans are exactly the same weight, or there is even a larger error margin. Don't forget you will have to run your audit WAYYYYYY longer than you really need to. And you still need to run calculations ..... but heh, how can you possibly go wrong for $1000. Shiit, my lab grade balance cost half that much.

Mike Leary
06-20-2012, 09:01 PM
What Shiit, my lab grade balance cost half that much.

What are you weighing, not Humboldt green, I trust. :dizzy:

Kiril
06-20-2012, 09:15 PM
What are you weighing, not Humboldt green, I trust. :dizzy:

Primarily soil.

grassman177
06-20-2012, 10:08 PM
To grow the green in,lol
Posted via Mobile Device

FIMCO-MEISTER
06-21-2012, 09:24 AM
It does the calculations for you. Speeding up audits, assuming this tool does and other tools that may come on the market, makes audits more affordable and more likely to occur. Not sure how others are but using pencil and paper while doing an audit and trying to keep them dry plus having to transcribe everything to a spreadsheet when this device store store and put it on your pc for you is going in the right direction. My first remote cost me over 2000 and that was back in the 90s. Now you can get an even better one for 1400.00.

Handheld digital meter quickly weighs catch cans and instantly calculates irrigation coverage and rate including coefficient of variation. Internal memory can be downloaded to a PC for further analysis.

http://www.spotonproducts.com/pdf/SpotOn_CatchCanReader_Rev0.pdf

Kiril
06-21-2012, 10:48 AM
It does the calculations for you.

Ummm, not even close.

Speeding up audits, assuming this tool does and other tools that may come on the market, makes audits more affordable and more likely to occur.

No it won't. In fact, it will very likely take more time, that is, if you give a damn about even being somewhat accurate.

Not sure how others are but using pencil and paper while doing an audit and trying to keep them dry plus having to transcribe everything to a spreadsheet when this device store store and put it on your pc for you is going in the right direction.

I don't seem to have any problems, that is, when I actually use paper.

My first remote cost me over 2000 and that was back in the 90s. Now you can get an even better one for 1400.00.

Who cares and irrelevant.

Handheld digital meter quickly weighs catch cans and instantly calculates irrigation coverage and rate including coefficient of variation. Internal memory can be downloaded to a PC for further analysis.

Errrr, the only useful information it provides is PR ... and even that is questionable if you don't use their silly expensive "catch" can. Further, why do you need a coefficient of variation?

FIMCO-MEISTER
06-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Ummm, not even close.

And you know this because you are the inventor? Typical unknowing BS as usual.

No it won't. In fact, it will very likely take more time, that is, if you give a damn about even being somewhat accurate.

And you can read a catch can to perfect accuracy, rigggght

I don't seem to have any problems, that is, when I actually use paper.

Oh I forgot about your over sized brain.

Who cares and irrelevant.

Still don't own a RainMaster I see. Your customers are in the stone age when it comes to service efficiency.

Errrr, the only useful information it provides is PR ... and even that is questionable if you don't use their silly expensive "catch" can. Further, why do you need a coefficient of variation?

It wouldn't be very difficult to set up your existing catch cans. It can provide DU with a little bit of intelligence. Coefficient of variation Def.
coefficient of variation (CV) is a normalized measure of dispersion of a probability distribution.

Once again the direction is more important than the first result. The direction of water auditing tools will allow those who have less than average math skills to perform water audits as well as speed it up. I have no doubt I could, with my remote and this tool, perform water audits faster than you. You can go whine to the customer about the .01 +/- gallons.

Kiril
06-21-2012, 12:23 PM
And you know this because you are the inventor? Typical unknowing BS as usual.

I know this from the spec sheet.

And you can read a catch can to perfect accuracy, rigggght

I am fairly confident I can read a graduated cylinder to +/- 0.5 ml accuracy. That is a damn site better than +/- 38 ml + any variation in catch can weight and any junk that might collect on said catch can during the audit.

It wouldn't be very difficult to set up your existing catch cans.

Really? How do you enter the throat area of the catch into the scale?

It can provide DU with a little bit of intelligence.

Ummmm, not without further calculations.

Coefficient of variation Def.
coefficient of variation (CV) is a normalized measure of dispersion of a probability distribution.

Didn't ask for the definition, I asked what do you need it for.

Once again the direction is more important than the first result. The direction of water auditing tools will allow those who have less than average math skills to perform water audits as well as speed it up.

Bull. You don't have a clue what you are talking about.

I have no doubt I could, with my remote and this tool, perform water audits faster than you. You can go whine to the customer about the .01 +/- gallons.

Again, bull, and I not only do spatially referenced catches, but I also do a spatially referenced soil moisture audit at the same time.

DanaMac
06-22-2012, 07:27 AM
Here's one from a local guy, for all you PVC benders.
http://www.pvcbendit.com/home

Mike Leary
06-22-2012, 11:39 AM
Here's one from a local guy, for all you PVC benders.
http://www.pvcbendit.com/home

Just don't leave the oven on too long. :nono: