PDA

View Full Version : I lost my best employee today

avernon0112
06-21-2012, 11:24 PM
My TRC Commander quit on me today. :cry: last week I was working on a system and out of nowhere a gully washer came up. I called one of the guys that was closer to grab the box. They put it in the box wet and i picked it up from them after the weekend. I plug up the controller the power light would not come on and it was putting power to zones when everything was off.

I had to go thru a 32 zone system without a remote and it took twice as long. I have never had to start up systems without a remote. I am spoiled I know. I just don't see how some companies do irrigation work without a remote. Now for at least a week I will be walking back and forth to the controller. I wish I could just go buy another for backup if this ever happens again.

Mike Leary
06-21-2012, 11:38 PM
Don't feel bad, I dropped my cell phone into the dog water dish a while ago. I can't imagine that you'd be so lucky as to check for a shorted fuse in the transmitter?

avernon0112
06-21-2012, 11:41 PM
I had a TRC years ago. Don't they have a fuse in the transmitter?

I have no idea. I am going to open it up before sending it off. It will work here and there for a minute or so then quit. I am thinking that it is corrosion from the water and it closed up in the case wet.

Mike Leary
06-21-2012, 11:45 PM
Battery: fuse: factory. :cry: