PDA

View Full Version : What a party

greenmonster304
06-22-2012, 06:45 PM
did some work at this place today. they are having a wedding for their grand daughter on july 5th. I had to cap a few heads that were in the temp driveway for the tent people and had to cap all the heads around the parking court because it was going to get a floor built over it for the cocktail hour. the main tent will have no sides but will be air conditioned with a 30 ton chiller. the caretaker said he thought they were spending over 2 million on this wedding. set up takes 3 weeks the party is 6 hours, and then 10 days to break it down. then the landscape has to be put back together.

DanaMac
06-22-2012, 06:51 PM
Wow. $2mill huh. I hope you tripled your rate. :)

1idejim
06-22-2012, 06:57 PM
it must be nice to be able to afford to put that together for a grandaughter :)

hope they are happy with everyones hard work and it goes on without a hitch, i mean problem

BPS##
06-22-2012, 06:59 PM
WAAAAAY more money than brains.

What a major waste of money. For a marriage that is highly unlikely to last 2 years. Or 5, what ever the going rate is today.

Mike Leary
06-22-2012, 06:59 PM
Nice stuff, I did one like that last year, only the client got the time wrong, and I arrived an hour after the crew started setting up. Had the remote & flags, and washed-down the tent install crew a couple of times.:dizzy:

greenmonster304
06-22-2012, 07:05 PM

What a major waste of money. For a marriage that is highly unlikely to last 2 years. Or 5, what ever the going rate is today.

I agree that I probably wouldn't spend that if I had it but it has given hundreds of people some work to do.
Posted via Mobile Device

DanaMac
06-22-2012, 07:09 PM

From what I have seen, the more people try and over impress and over spend at a wedding, the less likely it is to last. The more simple weddings, where it is designed more for the couple, and is fairly simple, the longer the marriage lasts.
Just from my personal experience with friends and family.

greenmonster304
06-22-2012, 07:11 PM
Wow. $2mill huh. I hope you tripled your rate. :)

Its funny you say that. I got the call because the last co. Charged $700 to mark out the main line and control wires, I guess they got greedy. My brother does all the plantings there and I have made some repairs over the years so hopefully I will stay on. It is a beautiful estate.
Posted via Mobile Device

BPS##
06-22-2012, 07:16 PM
From what I have seen, the more people try and over impress and over spend at a wedding, the less likely it is to last. The more simple weddings, where it is designed more for the couple, and is fairly simple, the longer the marriage lasts.
Just from my personal experience with friends and family.

Mine was under $2000.
Simple out door wedding with a few friends/family.

8 years on monday.
Not to say that we've not had a rocky low point or two but we are still here.

Wet_Boots
06-22-2012, 07:29 PM
I hope the young couple elopes :p

Mike Leary
06-22-2012, 07:51 PM
Mine was under $2000.
Simple out door wedding with a few friends/family.

8 years on monday.
Not to say that we've not had a rocky low point or two but we are still here.

Same with us, we celebrate 34 years of bliss (cough) today. :clapping:

BPS##
06-22-2012, 07:57 PM
Congrats.

Looks like I've got a few years to go to catch up. lol

Heck that'll be mid 60s for me.

1idejim
06-22-2012, 08:03 PM

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Kiril
06-22-2012, 08:05 PM

Yes .... happy anniversary mommy and daddy. You guys are so old. :waving:

avernon0112
06-22-2012, 08:21 PM
That is a little over the top

Autoflow
06-22-2012, 08:43 PM
I got married on that very same day, the 5th of July. We got married on a beach in Vanuatu for the grand sum of $600. Going on 11 years now.

FIMCO-MEISTER
06-22-2012, 11:45 PM
I was married......once upon a time. Wish I had eloped and saved the money. I'd still have divorced that cantankerous big tittied hag.

SoCalLandscapeMgmt
06-23-2012, 01:28 AM
I was married......once upon a time. Wish I had eloped and saved the money. I'd still have divorced that cantankerous big tittied hag.

Tell us how you really feel about her.... And don't hold back!

Wet_Boots
06-23-2012, 08:10 AM
Tell us how you really feel about her.... And don't hold back!she's a sweet old lady by now, we're certain

grassman177
06-23-2012, 08:18 AM
cool for the business, but sure overdone .

my wedding cost about 11 grand, and so did the honeymoon.

was it worth it? to me it was, but we planned and payed for the whole thing ourselves.

thx for sharing

1idejim
06-23-2012, 09:52 AM
Tell us how you really feel about her.... And don't hold back!

rxtd5Hj0yxo

avernon0112
06-23-2012, 01:07 PM
rxtd5Hj0yxo

That's funny:laugh::laugh:

ARGOS
06-23-2012, 04:01 PM
We had a pot-luck wedding. People bring good food to a pot-luck wedding. We're about to hit the 20.

greenmonster304
06-23-2012, 04:16 PM
I wish I had the money my mother in law spent on our wedding, I think it was $25,000. Don't get me wrong it was nice and everyone had a great time but I don't think it was any more of a good time than a $2000 wedding. I wanted a pot luck style clam bake on the beach but that didn't happen.
Posted via Mobile Device

DanaMac
06-23-2012, 05:11 PM
Or just go my route, and have no wedding :) Going on 22 years and still not married to her. Not that I wouldn't want to, it's just not that big of a deal to either of us. No way I would spend a fortune on a wedding. But I would spend a fortune on a kick azz honeymoon trip.

1idejim
06-23-2012, 06:11 PM
I wish I had the money my mother in law spent on our wedding, I think it was $25,000. Don't get me wrong it was nice and everyone had a great time but I don't think it was any more of a good time than a $2000 wedding. I wanted a pot luck style clam bake on the beach but that didn't happen.
Posted via Mobile Device

i got married when i was still going to a few rodeos. married the day after thanksgiving, rodeo saturday and sunday.

my eldest daughter was born during a High School Finals rodeo that i judged, they held the slack up for 45 mins. till i got there from the hospital. them were the days by golly:)

muddywater
06-23-2012, 06:57 PM

Well if they are billionaires, its really like a $10,000 wedding to normal folks. I hope folks like this keep spending money, because it sure helps alot others.

GreenI.A.
06-25-2012, 08:36 PM
Well if they are billionaires, its really like a $10,000 wedding to normal folks. I hope folks like this keep spending money, because it sure helps alot others.

Exactly what i was thinking. It's not much different than one person who buys a brand new GMC truck that is the minimum worktruck package and a second person with more money buying the same truck but the fully loaded Denali. If the person with more money decides to spend more for the luxury whats the big deal.

greenmonster304
07-02-2012, 09:55 PM
few more pics of this place. today I had to add 2 tanks and pressure switch to this PSR system because they needed two live hose bibs for some f_cking thing. The pump was a 3 wire with a control box so i couldn't just cut the wires at the well head and install the pressure switch. the well head was 150' from the control box so I ran an 18/2 from a separate transformer with one lead going to the PSR and the other to the pressure switch when the pressure switch closed it energized the relay and turned on the pump. THis will all be disassembled on Friday.

The ply wood road is so all the catering and tent trucks don't get stuck

The tent pictured is for the cocktail hour it is built over the parking court and has two jap maples in the center

The tent behind the wall wass built over the tennis court and is for the ceremony.

the last pic is the tower I am told by the care taker that it used to be a water tower for the estates irrigation system about 100 years ago.