PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone ball park what a truck spade costs to move a tree

Kelly's Landscaping
06-24-2012, 09:50 AM
I got some grand plans for this season with a barn. But I do love that my lot its heavily wooded and sadly I will have to lose some trees to do this. But I was curious what the cost is to have a truck spade move a few of the better trees 30-50 ft. The trees are maples and about a foot thick height I do not know but 50 foots a good guess.

Snyder's Lawn Inc
06-24-2012, 10:00 AM
I tell you here I had one moved 60ft tall tree and cost 450 The tree spade was a big one on a 10 ton truck

Best thing you should do just call the people does it ask them you might get your answer faster

Kelly's Landscaping
06-24-2012, 10:59 AM
If I heard 2k or less I'm willing to give this a shot but if I was told 5k I think Id have to pass I am going to have a very tight budget on this project. But that number you gave does give me some hope this may be doable.

KrayzKajun
06-24-2012, 11:18 AM
how far are you moving the trees? you may get a break if yur moving multiple trees just to another location on same site. maybe try to find a buyer for a few of the trees to offset the cost some.

Duekster
06-24-2012, 11:31 AM
Likely more than 5K. I have never been given hard figures but I heard 3K is a minimum to set up those rigs.

The question would be is if you could sell a few of the trees to offset the cost.

Kelly's Landscaping
06-24-2012, 11:35 AM
I stated 30-50 feet meaning moving them that far. I have a driveway that has grown to aid my business its about 20k sqft but I have a few trees off of it even one on it that need to move a a truck and trailers length out of the way. I have 4 acres and about 3.25 of them are wooded my trailers and trucks have a complete tree canopy I'm just trying to keep as much of that canopy as I can so yes its the same site.

agrostis
06-24-2012, 11:50 AM
You might be surprised at how much tree mover's charge.

Check these picture's out.

http://www.treemover.com/project_detail.cfm/4/Pebble_Beach_Golf_Links