PDA

View Full Version : Starting a good one today

SSmith
06-25-2012, 09:26 AM
Patio with a covered roof over top. Shingled...the whole bit. The pavers are being put down on an existing patio (someone berate me for that).

I'll try and figure out how to post pictures so you people can make fun of me, call me names, etc.

SSmith
06-25-2012, 08:24 PM
No toes were severed on day 1. Nobody got ran over by a truck. Sorry.

alldayrj
06-25-2012, 10:24 PM
use photobucket

BradLewisLawnCare
06-29-2012, 07:29 AM
I think for every one bad comment you'll probably have 10-15 people learn something from looking at your pictures and the other peoples comments. have no fear. you will learn too. (truth be told, I am also skeptical of posting pictures.)

SSmith
06-29-2012, 03:51 PM
Finished up everything except for the gutter, downspout, etc today..... The pavers turned out good. Circle kit, as usual, yielded 18 million extra stones (why do they do that?)

I have pictures on my Iphone that I'll post on here over the weekend.

SSmith
06-29-2012, 03:53 PM
Oh, but if anyone wants to make fun of my work they can go to my website and look at some of the stuff I've done.....

www.creativelawncaresolutions.com

xtreem3d
06-29-2012, 05:34 PM
Pics look good to me...i think it's smart that you have multiple abilities especially in this economy..Good luck the rest of the season !!!
Steve

bigslick7878
06-29-2012, 08:26 PM
Oh, but if anyone wants to make fun of my work they can go to my website and look at some of the stuff I've done.....

www.creativelawncaresolutions.com

Just pray to God a certain "vocal" board member doesn't click that link, you might hear an earful.

SSmith
06-30-2012, 08:30 AM
Just pray to God a certain "vocal" board member doesn't click that link, you might hear an earful.

I'm looking forward to it.

BradLewisLawnCare
06-30-2012, 09:02 AM
Steve,

Love the pictures. I wish I was this capable. In time I suppose.
Posted via Mobile Device

shovelracer
06-30-2012, 03:10 PM
Do you get your decks inspected? Open riser stairs have not been allowed for some time.

Tyler7692
06-30-2012, 07:46 PM
Some of the pictures you have of the mowing stripes aren't yours...

SSmith
07-01-2012, 06:55 AM
Some of the pictures you have of the mowing stripes aren't yours...

Yeah, the ones at the bottom are generic photos. I think the website guy added them in.

SSmith
07-01-2012, 06:57 AM
Do you get your decks inspected? Open riser stairs have not been allowed for some time.

Most of them are done with permits. Those inspectors are such nice fellas!

SSmith
07-01-2012, 06:58 AM
Steve,

Love the pictures. I wish I was this capable. In time I suppose.
Posted via Mobile Device

My father went to a trade school for carpentry and taught me what he knows. I was lucky in that regard. The paver and retaining wall stuff we just learned on our own. Did some stuff for family members first in case we screwed it up we wouldn't be killed.

shovelracer
07-01-2012, 09:27 AM
Most of them are done with permits. Those inspectors are such nice fellas!

I do not see how a set of stairs that are an obvious violation of ICC code would be acceptable. The 4" sphere test applies to the stairs as well.

Bru75
07-01-2012, 10:36 AM
Yeah, the ones at the bottom are generic photos. I think the website guy added them in.

Time to fire the website guy.

SSmith
07-01-2012, 04:33 PM
I do not see how a set of stairs that are an obvious violation of ICC code would be acceptable. The 4" sphere test applies to the stairs as well.

I've always left the stairs open. I think you're probably mistaken.

shovelracer
07-01-2012, 07:39 PM
No mistake, I'm sure of it. Any opening in a stair riser must be smaller than 4". Here is a sheet I quickly grabbed from Colorado, but it is directly adopted from the ICC. This sheet would also pertain to the one 2 step landing that had a large riser to a driveway. That is out of code as well. I'm done playing inspector, good luck to you.

SVA_Concrete
07-01-2012, 07:57 PM
Shovelracer is correct

This link has adone great illustrated guide as a free download.

http://www.stairways.org/SMA-Bookstore
Posted via Mobile Device

SSmith
07-02-2012, 05:27 AM
No, he's not. Not for Ohio.

http://codes.ohio.gov/oac/4781-6-01.2

SVA_Concrete
07-02-2012, 07:03 PM
No, he's not. Not for Ohio.

http://codes.ohio.gov/oac/4781-6-01.2

you need to re read your code

(3) Profile: The radius of curvature at the leading edge of the tread shall be no greater than nine-sixteenths inch ( 14.3 mm). A nosing not less than three-fourths inch (19 mm) but not more than one and one-fourths inch (32 mm) shall be provided on stairways with solid risers. The greatest nosing projection shall not exceed the smallest nosing projection by more than three-eighths inch ( 9.5 mm) between two stories, including the nosing at the level of floors and landings. Beveling of nosing shall not exceed one-half inch ( 12.7 mm). Risers shall be vertical or sloped from the underside of the leading edge of the tread above at an angle not more than 30 ( 0.51 rad) degrees from the vertical. Open risers are permitted, provided that the opening between treads does not permit the passage of a four inch diameter (102 mm) sphere unless one of the following applies:

(a) A nosing is not required where the tread depth is a minimum of eleven inches (279 mm).

(b) The opening between adjacent treads is not limited on stairs with a total rise of thirty inches (762 mm) or less.

open risers are only allowed if the total rise is 30" or less.

shovelracer
07-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Regardless, this thread is off topic. We are still waiting for pictures of the job.

SSmith
07-03-2012, 05:26 AM
Just got the ok to add some more finishing touches to this bad boy. Close the ceiling in, add a fan, wrap the posts, etc. I had some photos on my phone, but they weren't any good due to me wanting to get the heck outta the heat in a hurry.