PDA

View Full Version : Lol!

bcg
06-25-2012, 12:43 PM
So this guy just calls to ask about an install. Go through the basic information and general range of starting costs for doing that and he says, "Wow, that's a little expensive. Can I take this with me when I move?"

LOL, I just don't know what to say to that...

Kiril
06-25-2012, 12:47 PM
Answer: You sure can, in the form of cash from the increase in value to your property.

DanaMac
06-25-2012, 12:48 PM
Thread should be titled "S*#% my Customers Say"
I know it's not a customer yet, but you get the idea.

GreenI.A.
06-25-2012, 08:52 PM
I did a consultation with a potential customer and could tell he wasn't looking to spend a lot so I through a ballpark number at him to gauge his reaction before I invested any time in the design. He came back with something along the line of "I don't need anything to efficient, I just don't have the time to sit around and wait between moving the sprinklers around, how about you come buy a few times a week to water the lawn and move the sprinklers for me?" I laughed and said "sure we can do that, our service rate is $120 an hour, it will take about 3 hours a day 3-4 days a week to properly water your lawn"

DanaMac
06-25-2012, 09:27 PM
I did a consultation with a potential customer and could tell he wasn't looking to spend a lot so I through a ballpark number at him to gauge his reaction before I invested any time in the design. He came back with something along the line of "I don't need anything to efficient, I just don't have the time to sit around and wait between moving the sprinklers around, how about you come buy a few times a week to water the lawn and move the sprinklers for me?" I laughed and said "sure we can do that, our service rate is $120 an hour, it will take about 3 hours a day 3-4 days a week to properly water your lawn"

I'd be all over that. Sit outside with some margaritas one day, sit around with some cold beers another day, watching the sprinklers work. I could do all my calling and scheduling while on site, waiting to move the sprinklers around :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

irrig8r
06-26-2012, 12:50 AM
So this guy just calls to ask about an install. Go through the basic information and general range of starting costs for doing that and he says, "Wow, that's a little expensive. Can I take this with me when I move?"

LOL, I just don't know what to say to that...

My brother did that with a nice FXL lighting system I installed at his house in the Hollywood Hills.

I said "WTF?" and he replied that he didn't get his asking price for the house and "They've never even seen it at night." :hammerhead: