PDA

View Full Version : I dont know what to do!!

White Oak
06-28-2012, 05:38 PM
i need help on this one. My old setup was a 8x5 trailer with a 52inch toro walkbehind. I have since sold the toro and bought a scag tiger cub for a great price. The problem is my trailer will not hold the weight of the scag. I do not have the money right now to buy another trailer. I was thinking about selling the scag for like $4000 and taking that money and buying a used iveco stake body dump truck and an 18 foot landscaping trailer as a package for $4000. if i have the dump i could do mulching and tree trimming ect, But would not be able to mow. i am just starting out as a business and im licenses and insured, i was thinking about just doing hardscaping and landscaping for the rest of this year and buy my mowers at the beginning of next year and become a ful service lawn and landscape company. what do you guys think i should do?

Patriot Services
06-28-2012, 06:01 PM
What axle do you have under that trailer. If it's a 3500lb axle you should be fine. I would just get a heavier trailer. Mowing is meat and potatoes for landscaping. A big stakebed will just be eating fuel most of the time. That price is way too cheap for something that isn't clapped out. Iveco's are not cheap to fix either.:usflag:

riverjunkie
06-28-2012, 06:01 PM
Swap out the axle for a heavy duty one
Posted via Mobile Device

KrayzKajun
06-28-2012, 06:12 PM
Swap axles or put a set of helper springs on the trailer untill you can get a larger trailer.
Posted via Mobile Device

White Oak
06-28-2012, 06:22 PM
Swap axles or put a set of helper springs on the trailer untill you can get a larger trailer.
Posted via Mobile Device
Its not the axles, its the mesh floor thats breaking the welds

Patriot Services
06-28-2012, 06:24 PM
Its not the axles, its the mesh floor thats breaking the welds

Oh hell that easy. Half inch plywood bolted down.
Posted via Mobile Device

H&H Lawn Service LLC
06-30-2012, 08:02 PM
My 5x10 has held my 1100lb 717a for a year and a half being pulled everywhere i go on Memphis's bumpy streets and is just now started stretching the flooring. But easy fix in my book wood floor being bolted in soon for less than a $100.00.

Patriot Services
06-30-2012, 08:09 PM
All mesh eventually sags, stretches and tears. Great fun when the blades are engaged and you run up the trailer. Makes a racket that has war vets hitting the dirt.
Posted via Mobile Device

KrayzKajun
06-30-2012, 08:32 PM
Oh hell that easy. Half inch plywood bolted down.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ding ding ding!

meets1
07-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Yes plywood. 3/4 inch. Maybe treated if you want. That will get ya by.

easy-lift guy
07-01-2012, 02:41 PM
I would and have used 080 gauge Galvanel for decking all of my trailers. Now I don't want to hear about how the material is going to rust, becuse it will take many years for that to occure, and don't tell me about it being slippery either becuse its not. It is more
expensive than plywood or 2x6 or 2x8, as the expression go's you get what you pay for and I will not be replacing my decks for at least 10 years.
easy-lift guy

Patriot Services
07-01-2012, 03:25 PM
20 bucks in plywood will last for years and is easy to install.
Posted via Mobile Device