PDA

View Full Version : Toro pro flow 3 wire mess

duckworth
06-29-2012, 02:15 AM
Can l remove extra com wire and wire these solenoids as a normal 2 wire solenoid?

mitchgo
06-29-2012, 07:44 AM
yes as you are still creating a circuit to each valve. Changing the solenoid to the newer flow pro style is helpful too

Also the whole valve which is the best route but not the cheapest

duckworth
06-29-2012, 10:08 AM
Thanks, customer is cheap wants to save valves!

Mdirrigation
06-30-2012, 10:41 PM
They cant be saved , save the customer money now and replace the entire valve . We have replaced 45 of them so far this month . All the systems were installed in the late 1990s . They have seen their lifespan . All customers are cheap . Have you ever had onetell you money is no object? If they do run those are the ones who dont pay

duckworth
07-01-2012, 01:36 AM
I finished job luckily all valves still work,but it felt wrong building the manifold with these old valves,it was the wrong decision and l won't do this again.older single lady who can't afford new valves but I fear it will cost her more in the future . NEVER AGAIN maybe next time lm in this situation l will provide payment plan.

mrsteve
07-01-2012, 11:28 AM
I finished job luckily all valves still work,but it felt wrong building the manifold with these old valves,it was the wrong decision and l won't do this again.older single lady who can't afford new valves but I fear it will cost her more in the future . NEVER AGAIN maybe next time lm in this situation l will provide payment plan.
Live and learn. When using a manifold I would think you want a valve that can be rebuilt not one that has a history of being crap or one that cracks in the body. You will get a lot of opinions on what valve is the best, flow pro is not one of them. It's a shame because Toro had a valve the 252 series that had a long life at least the 1" size. I put some in in the mid 80's and there are still going strong. Your payment plan is a good idea for the little old ladies. They will save in the long run with a better quality product if you can sell it.

Waterlogged
07-01-2012, 11:51 AM
We all have been in this situation, I don't know how many valves you are talking about but you could have charged for one and given the others to her and you both would have felt better. The valves are a very small cost compared to what you will get out of it.

duckworth
07-03-2012, 02:15 AM
She had 6 valves with cross fittings jambed in one valve box,l dug it out and made two 3 valve manifolds and added an extra vb so there is some room in each vb.charged her 190 lab and parts.never AGAIN!