PDA

View Full Version : skid sprayer hose harness

Yardy
06-30-2012, 11:38 AM
Having to pull hose through tall brush. Was always thinking during apps
it would be a lot easier on you if a person had a back pack type of a
harness that you could clamp on hose so one hand would be free.

Anyone sells this or what if any made?

RigglePLC
06-30-2012, 03:10 PM
Everybody has their own ideas on this. My self when i get about 100 feet of hose out and it starts to pull hard, I pull it over my left shoulder holding the gun low down in my right hand...curl your back forward. Before retiring, when it really started to pull hard...I wrapped the hose around my waist, holding the loop closed with my left hand behind me. This way you avoid pulling your back backwards.
Be sure you don't kick the gun trigger and fill your boots with solution.

And another lesson I learned during the old days at TruGreen. Don't pull on the gun. If you are a bit unlucky...the gun may pop off the hose.

Very difficult to stop the flow from the hose without a gun. Imagine my consternation as the fert/herbicide solution flowed freely onto my customer's lawn.

easy-lift guy
06-30-2012, 03:18 PM
The application has been considered and is presently being used with customers in the power washing business, may I suggest the Easy-Lift Harness. www.easyliftharness.com
Send me a pm for more information.
easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy
06-30-2012, 03:23 PM
Having to pull hose through tall brush. Was always thinking during apps
it would be a lot easier on you if a person had a back pack type of a
harness that you could clamp on hose so one hand would be free.

Anyone sells this or what if any made?

May I suggest the Easy-Lift Harness. The application has been considered and I have customers with preasure washing businesses that have and use my product. Send me a pm with your specific requirements. www.easyliftharness.com
Best regards.
easy-lift guy

Ric
06-30-2012, 03:48 PM

My concern would WHERE & HOW you attach to the hose with out causing hose fatigue and breakage.

I wrap the hose over my shoulder and pull with my left hand while spraying with my Right. My Left hand not only pulls the Hose but by pinching it I can control flow and spray up close to Sidewalks etc without over spray. Yep at about 100 ft or so I will go back and take a second Grab to make pulling hose easier. Even on postage stamps I will move the truck and make a second
short pull instead of one long.

easy-lift guy
06-30-2012, 03:57 PM

My concern would WHERE & HOW you attach to the hose with out causing hose fatigue and breakage.

I wrap the hose over my shoulder and pull with my left hand while spraying with my Right. My Left hand not only pulls the Hose but by pinching it I can control flow and spray up close to Sidewalks etc without over spray. Yep at about 100 ft or so I will go back and take a second Grab to make pulling hose easier. Even on postage stamps I will move the truck and make a second
short pull instead of one long.

With the ELH the hose would attach to a 1" Velcro strap and the opperator would be in complete control of the hose with the balance resting over the left or right shoulder depending on opperator choice. No weight to lift and complete control.
easy-lift guy

Duekster
06-30-2012, 04:02 PM
With the ELH the hose would attach to a 1" Velcro strap and the opperator would be in complete control of the hose with the balance resting over the left or right shoulder depending on opperator choice. No weight to lift and complete control.
easy-lift guy

We are pulling the hose not lifting it.

easy-lift guy
06-30-2012, 04:07 PM
We are pulling the hose not lifting it.

The spray wand or gun could be attached to the velcro strap and the hose would still be lifted by the ELH and would easier to move with while in use.
easy-lift guy

Duekster
06-30-2012, 04:11 PM
The spray wand or gun could be attached to the velcro strap and the hose would still be lifted by the ELH and would easier to move with while in use.
easy-lift guy

Not to be rude but I would need to see it because I envision becoming entangled.

easy-lift guy
06-30-2012, 04:15 PM
Not to be rude but I would need to see it because I envision becoming entangled.

I will contact my friend who has a PC business and post a picture or pictures next week or Two. And your not being rude, just asking.
easy-lift guy

Duekster
06-30-2012, 04:17 PM
I will contact my friend who has a PC business and post a picture or pictures next week or Two. And your not being rude, just asking.
easy-lift guy

Look forward to it.

You tube video would be better :D

Ric
06-30-2012, 05:51 PM
Look forward to it.

You tube video would be better :D.

Hate to be a Pessimist, But I would have to see a Video also. One suggestion I will make is, Use a fast connect on the main hose. Snap on the harness using a Hose whip. If the hose whip takes the Wear & Tear, it will be more cost effective to replace only the whip end. BTW you could also un-attach from the hose with ease if necessary.

In Edit: I am a Senior Citizen and like to take life's easy road now. But I have to be honest and say having a EASY LIFT strapped to my back in Florida's heat is the last thing I want to do. I can still raise my hands above my head to work for reasonable periods of time.

Duekster
06-30-2012, 10:47 PM

Hate to be a Pessimist, But I would have to see a Video also. One suggestion I will make is, Use a fast connect on the main hose. Snap on the harness using a Hose whip. If the hose whip takes the Wear & Tear, it will be more cost effective to replace only the whip end. BTW you could also un-attach from the hose with ease if necessary.

In Edit: I am a Senior Citizen and like to take life's easy road now. But I have to be honest and say having a EASY LIFT strapped to my back in Florida's heat is the last thing I want to do. I can still raise my hands above my head to work for reasonable periods of time.

No need to wait to want to take the easy road. After two neck surgeries lifting my hands over my head is the last thing I like to do.

:drinkup:

Having said that, if it makes my guys' life better, I will consider it. I try not to ask them to do what I would not do but they have too.