# of valves per box?
1" ss or 1" thr thr

1idejim
07-01-2012, 08:52 AM
W & L of Box ?
Height of box ?
# of valves per box?
1" ss or 1" thr thr

if you are a professional you already know the answer.

if not ask your supplier and they will tell you what is the most common for your area.
Posted via Mobile Device

greenmonster304
07-01-2012, 09:13 AM
I use coffee cans on the budget jobs. My supplier just started carrying the Rainbird boxes that have the knock outs I have used a few and they are pretty nice.
Posted via Mobile Device

mrsteve
07-01-2012, 11:15 AM
W & L of Box ?
Height of box ?
# of valves per box?
1" ss or 1" thr thr
I can tell you what I like to see on a system as a repairman. One valve per box, 10" with a positive type locking lid (armor - ametek). For commercial set at grade and accessible, residential set below grade and covered with turf or mulch if in the bed. I like to see threaded valves, so that I can spin the valve off the main if it needs to be replaced (no solvent welding the main side). The installers will not agree due to the extra cost of these items. I've got a new commercial system that has NDS boxes and the lids just don't seem to stay locked, then the lawn boys come through a scatter the lid in several pieces. It's a preference that you will have to weigh yourself, that's just my opinion.

Wet_Boots
07-01-2012, 11:18 AM
I can tell you what I like to see on a system as a repairman. One valve per box, 10" with a positive type locking lid (armor - ametek). For commercial set at grade and accessible, residential set below grade and covered with turf or mulch if in the bed. I like to see threaded valves, so that I can spin the valve off the main if it needs to be replaced (no solvent welding the main side). The installers will not agree due to the extra cost of these items. I've got a new commercial system that has NDS boxes and the lids just don't seem to stay locked, then the lawn boys come through a scatter the lid in several pieces. It's a preference that you will have to weigh yourself, that's just my opinion.you're nucking futts :hammerhead:

CAPT Stream Rotar
07-01-2012, 11:20 AM
4 vlaves in a 6 inch standard
5-6 in a jumbo
1 single valve in a 10 round.
splices in an econo.

mrsteve
07-01-2012, 11:36 AM
you're nucking futts :hammerhead:
I can find the valves when needed on residential. I don't want to see boxes (except the backflow) in my yard. In a 10" box the valve can be rebuilt without disturbing the surrounding soil. Cut the sod away on the lid then replace it. You were never there, in most cases.

Wet_Boots
07-01-2012, 11:50 AM
I can find the valves when needed on residential...................Yeah, just like I've found residential valves, underneath a concrete air conditioner pad.

Never hide what ain't meant to be hid. Stand a garden gnome on the cover if it bothers you that much.

Kiril
07-01-2012, 12:02 PM
Stand a garden gnome on the cover if it bothers you that much.

I didn't realize you were offering your services as a valve box marker. :laugh:

mrsteve
07-01-2012, 12:08 PM
Sorry, but that's pretty funny.

1idejim
07-01-2012, 12:39 PM

Sorry, but that's pretty funny.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Wet_Boots
07-01-2012, 12:50 PM
I get gnome respect. Gnome respect at all.

1idejim
07-01-2012, 12:55 PM
I get gnome respect. Gnome respect at all.

the WET_BOOTS team in the finals at last years valve box marking round up

they were runners up to a lawn jocky

Kiril
07-01-2012, 01:27 PM
the WET_BOOTS team in the finals at last years valve box marking round up

Where did you find that pic of boots and his brothers?

Note boots is sleeping on the job .... but still manages to show off his boot.