PDA

View Full Version : Fall Campaign

Joshuakwhit
07-03-2012, 11:18 AM
Did a search for my question never found enough consistence to make a judgement.

My question is, what has worked out better mass mailing campaign or several drops to targeted consumers? This will be my first mailing I am really excited about it, but nervous as well hoping I get enough new clients to break even. I was only going to do 1000. Is it worth it? What is the timing they should be sent out, I know it be depending on if one large drop or several smaller drops,weeks apart. As well I plan on starting first Sept. with seeding.

Joshuakwhit
07-05-2012, 05:56 PM
Bump! Come on little help, please.

Hansen's Lawn Care
07-05-2012, 07:07 PM
My spring campaign consisted of about 2K 4x6 postcards. 2K was alright, but before the snow falls (I'm in MN) I'm going to at least double that number, and next spring I'm going to send out 10K (it's a numbers game.) My wife hand wrote everyone's full name and address, more of a personal touch, I think potential customers like that.

Out of that I got about 5 weekly accounts, but many more in core aerations and irrigation start ups. It definitely paid off...

Here's how I got their name/address. Google search your county tax records, and you should be able to find a search function. Type in the street(s) you want to target, and it should pull up everyone with that street name in your county.

RigglePLC
07-05-2012, 09:30 PM
Are you selling mowing? Seeding? Herbicide fert application? Spring is better. I found that fall is good for about Sept 1 to Sept 15.

Make sure it is a top-quality brochure as long as you are going to pay money to mail it. Great color pictures. Great picture of yourself promising complete customer satisfaction. Don't show your equipment you are so proud of--a friendly confident honest picture is better. Be sure to give you customer a reason to call immediately. Discount coupon or something with a time limit.

Joshuakwhit
07-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Hansen, thanks for the address/name tip. That will save money, thanks a lot.

Riggle, I'll be selling fert/squirt program and seeding. When my postcards come in I'll let you see them. I'm planning on 2 mailers, same audience, and 2 different style postcards. Not sure of how many to get made I'd like to get some more opinions so I can get my money out of it.

Hansen's Lawn Care
07-05-2012, 10:35 PM
Hansen, thanks for the address/name tip. That will save money, thanks a lot.

Riggle, I'll be selling fert/squirt program and seeding. When my postcards come in I'll let you see them. I'm planning on 2 mailers, same audience, and 2 different style postcards. Not sure of how many to get made I'd like to get some more opinions so I can get my money out of it.

No problem brother...

Joshuakwhit
07-07-2012, 12:03 AM
Ended up getting 3k postcards made up and going to do the EDDM, plus hand write and mail a some smaller newer neighborhoods myself. Praying I'll break even on this whole thing by winter. Next spring I'll defiantly do it again made a bit larger.

phasthound
07-07-2012, 08:57 AM
I think you'll find that multiple mailings to a well targeted market will have better results than 1 or 2 mailings to more people. Repetition is what sells.

RigglePLC
07-07-2012, 12:35 PM
Winter, when you are not otherwise busy is a great time to do most of the preparation work. If you plan to hand address 1000 letters, then is the time to do this.

At TruGreen years ago we hand-addressed hundreds of envelopes one week in January. Stubby pencils. Not fun. We addressed them to the next door neighbors of our present cutomers. Mailed in the second week of April. These days we can take advantage of various computer methods to address envelopes or use window envelopes. And if the addresses are saved you can send letters to the same customers again next month or next year.

If you are going to spend the money to send them--you might as well make sure it is the best brochure or flyer possible. At least, make sure it is better than your competition. Make your plans in advance; make sure no other company is using the same or similar mailer in your city. Now is a good time to take lots of photos or your truck in front of really nice lawns. Use the best photos in your mailer. And your website.