PDA

View Full Version : Ever gotten a bad batch of roundup quik pro?

ProStreetCamaro
07-03-2012, 11:57 AM
I mix it at 1.5oz to 1 gallon like it calls for and it takes forever for crap to even look sick. Sprayed a bunch of junk here at my parents last friday in 100 degree heat. Been at or near 100 every day and here we are 4 days later and stuff is just now starting to look a little sick. I am half way through this large jug and I have yet to see it have a quick knock down like they claim. My friend works for the parks (darn gvt employee) and he sprays a lot of this stuff and he said as long as it is hot out he can spray in the morning and come back around 2pm and everything is all hung over and turning yellow. He said they mix it hotter than the instructions call for.

Do I have a bad batch or is it really not all it is cracked up to be?

TLS
07-03-2012, 03:24 PM
1.5 is on the light side.

Your problem however is the heat. The plants foliar uptake is slowed significantly.
Posted via Mobile Device

ProStreetCamaro
07-03-2012, 05:28 PM

Your problem however is the heat. The plants foliar uptake is slowed significantly.
Posted via Mobile Device

Really? I was always told the hotter the better. I know it was really slow to work this spring when it was in the 50s as a high.
Posted via Mobile Device

ProStreetCamaro
07-03-2012, 05:28 PM
What is a better mix rate to use? 2Oz per gallon?
Posted via Mobile Device

turf hokie
07-03-2012, 08:39 PM
What is a better mix rate to use? 2Oz per gallon?
Posted via Mobile Device

The better rate is on the label below...
http://www.cdms.net/LDat/ldACK000.pdf

Posted via Mobile Device

1.5 on the quick pro is the high label rate, hate to disagree with you on your statement above....we sprayed the other day in 100 degree heat, saw wilt in 3 hours, total kill in about 6 days....with the quick pro.

I question your application method, how are you spraying? wetting the leaf? to what point, drip, run off, or just barely wet?

That is where calibration comes in, 1.5 per gallon...but how many sq ft are you covering with that gallon?