PDA

View Full Version : PSI and Gpm

Rainger001
07-03-2012, 10:40 PM
Here is my question. I have been asked to install a sprinkler system for a high school baseball field. They want the outfield watered and that is all. I went out and walked the job off but was unsure about a few things. I know on a residential yard how to get my gallons per minute simple and easy. With a baseball field is it done the same way. Do I just find a hose bib and take a pressure reading. The field has a 6" meter and a 4" double check already installed and I am pretty sure a 3" main to the quick coupler behind the mound for watering the infield. The head maintenance for the school district said there was about 100 Psi going to the field. I don't want to take his word for it, because I want my system to be efficient and properly installed with head to head spacing. So if there is any info that you could share please provide some advic.e

txirrigation
07-03-2012, 10:57 PM
Here is my question. I have been asked to install a sprinkler system for a high school baseball field. They want the outfield watered and that is all. I went out and walked the job off but was unsure about a few things. I know on a residential yard how to get my gallons per minute simple and easy. With a baseball field is it done the same way. Do I just find a hose bib and take a pressure reading. The field has a 6" meter and a 4" double check already installed and I am pretty sure a 3" main to the quick coupler behind the mound for watering the infield. The head maintenance for the school district said there was about 100 Psi going to the field. I don't want to take his word for it, because I want my system to be efficient and properly installed with head to head spacing. So if there is any info that you could share please provide some advic.e

Take the stat pressure at the double check. Some of your specs sound wrong, but hey... I see weird stuff every day.

Rainger001
07-03-2012, 11:08 PM
I never thought of hooking my backflow gauge to the double check to get a pressure reading. I will go out there thursday or Friday to get a reading I will take some picture and post them.