PDA

View Full Version : Patio we just finished

Birchwood
07-04-2012, 12:06 AM
A few before, during and after pics of a patio we finished today. First time I tried to take daily pics of the job, sort of a time laps view of our job.

Birchwood
07-04-2012, 12:12 AM
After pictures, need to get a few night shots, there are 27 light fixture in and around this patio.

4 seasons lawn&land
07-04-2012, 11:15 AM
looks great. at first glance i thought the circle near the wall/pillars was a hot tub. That would be cool.

xtreem3d
07-04-2012, 06:18 PM
interesting way to do the accent corners........really like the accent "stripe" on the wall and columns,
Steve

jbailey52
07-04-2012, 09:41 PM
I like the design. What's going on to the left of the slider? Bar or seating area?

Birchwood
07-04-2012, 11:10 PM
I like the design. What's going on to the left of the slider? Bar or seating area?

Thanks, just a back drop for the grill.

JimLewis
07-17-2012, 06:08 AM
I like it. What is the main paver you used? It looks similar to one we've been installing a lot lately (Laffit Patio Slab by Belgard) but it's not that one, because many of the pieces are too small. At least where I am, the Laffit Patio Slab only comes in 3 sizes and they are all fairly large. Is that the Mega Laffit?

You should take your photos when the entire patio is either all wet (and then lightly blown off to eliminate standing water and shine) or when the patio is all dry. I often do both. I take my first set of photos when it is dry, just before my guys water in the poly sand. Then I have my guys wet it all down, blow off any excess water that is standing on the pavers, and take photos again when they are wet.

Some pavers look nicer wet. Others look nicer dry. It's hard to tell but I bet that particular paver patio would look twice as nice when it was totally dry.

But when you take them when it's wet but in the process of drying - like you did in some of those photos - then your photos come out looking a little less appealing. All one way or the other is best.

Anyway, looks great. I like the same things the others mentioned. The stripe on the walls was a killer touch and I love all the dimension you added with curves and blending patterns together inside the patio.

Birchwood
07-17-2012, 05:34 PM
I like it. What is the main paver you used? It looks similar to one we've been installing a lot lately (Laffit Patio Slab by Belgard) but it's not that one, because many of the pieces are too small. At least where I am, the Laffit Patio Slab only comes in 3 sizes and they are all fairly large. Is that the Mega Laffit?

You should take your photos when the entire patio is either all wet (and then lightly blown off to eliminate standing water and shine) or when the patio is all dry. I often do both. I take my first set of photos when it is dry, just before my guys water in the poly sand. Then I have my guys wet it all down, blow off any excess water that is standing on the pavers, and take photos again when they are wet.

Some pavers look nicer wet. Others look nicer dry. It's hard to tell but I bet that particular paver patio would look twice as nice when it was totally dry.

But when you take them when it's wet but in the process of drying - like you did in some of those photos - then your photos come out looking a little less appealing. All one way or the other is best.

Anyway, looks great. I like the same things the others mentioned. The stripe on the walls was a killer touch and I love all the dimension you added with curves and blending patterns together inside the patio.

Jim thanks for the comments.

The stone is Avante Ashler by unilock. It's a similar idea as Arbel by Belgard, one size stone 4 different paterns. It went super fast but the stones are heavy and little waste. I do like to wet down before taking pictures,but is was almost 100 degres out that day and it was drying as fast as I was taking the pics. I have a girl who takes pictures for me on the nicer jobs, will go back later this year once the plants have filled in.

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
07-17-2012, 05:57 PM
Arbel is the flagstone looking paver. Did you mean the Urbana?

Nice looking work! What wall block is that? Belgard makes a block like that for curves or did you have to cut each block?

Birchwood
07-17-2012, 06:35 PM
Arbel is the flagstone looking paver. Did you mean the Urbana?

Nice looking work! What wall block is that? Belgard makes a block like that for curves or did you have to cut each block?

Not too familiar with belgards pavers but have used Arbel a few times, so I was comparing the concept.

The wall is Quarry stone by unilock, and not to give a way too many secrets we alternated a corner unit and a medium unit to build that wall without cuts.

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
07-17-2012, 06:55 PM
I understand...it was geared toward the new guy's learning the different pavers.

OK, I just now started thinking about using Unilock since they have a location close to me now. Belgard has a wall block (Weston wall) like that but is a trapazoid shape for creating curves without cutting.

Than again it's been all natrual stone this season. In a messed up way I miss pavers. :laugh:

Glenn Lawn Care
07-17-2012, 07:33 PM
Very nice!