PDA

View Full Version : Not enough pressure

Capemay Eagle
07-04-2012, 10:13 PM
I was talking with my chemical/fert guy and he was telling me about a new box that learns and has better accurate watering. Then I was discussing with him about my sprinklers and that I can only run 3 to four heads a zone and that it is taking hours to run a full 10 zone cycle. He then said I can dig a new well with a pump in the ground and I could get better coverage and run more heads per zone. I am curious if there is anything I can do to my existing well to get more pressure so I can run 6 to 8 heads at a time. Can I add a larger pump or some kind of better valves?? Also my pump runs the entire time the sprinklers are on, I am sure that cannot be good for the pump. Any advice.

irritation
07-04-2012, 11:14 PM
You do not want your pump cycling on and off. Running continuously is better. Deal with what you have or spend big bucks on a new well,pump and tank. What is so great about Amsoil?

Capemay Eagle
07-05-2012, 07:27 AM
You do not want your pump cycling on and off. Running continuously is better. Deal with what you have or spend big bucks on a new well,pump and tank. What is so great about Amsoil? Amsoil is a better oil IMO. However I have been running Motul in my sons competition bikes. He races motocross and I find on the engine tear downs that Amsoil and Motul both leave the engines clean, virtually spotless. I do find that Motul seems to run a little better in the bike. At 40:1 with the motul the bike runs perfect. I don't have to play with the jetting and almost zero plug fouling. Also running Amsoil Saber in the handhelds at 80:1, they all run great, no smoke and no carbon build up, no issues.

Back on topic, I am trying to understand why digging a new well would be any different than the one I have?

Duekster
07-05-2012, 07:38 AM
a new box that learns what?

Do you know what type of recharge your well has. Pump likely was sized for the house but then again it could be limited by the well water availability to recharge.

Capemay Eagle
07-05-2012, 12:00 PM
a new box that learns what?

Do you know what type of recharge your well has. Pump likely was sized for the house but then again it could be limited by the well water availability to recharge.
The box collects data and stores it, it is some form of a computer. It is supposed to cut down on water usage. I really was not paying attention so I did not get a name of the box and the whole story. He said he could install it for me for around $300 bucks. From the way he was explaining it, I thought he was going to tell me a thousand bucks, so again that is why I really did not pay to much attention. I will talk to him and get the name of the box.

To the well, I do not know the recharge. I had a well guy come out a couple of years ago because I thought the well might be drying up, but he said I was fine, all is good.

Wet_Boots
07-05-2012, 12:11 PM
When you know the recharge rate of the well, you can proceed. Until then, you plan nothing.

The numbers are supposed to be filed with the state, on account of their interest in the complete water-supply picture.

country kid
07-05-2012, 01:53 PM
another option is to get 5000-10000 gallon holding tank and pump from that if the recovery rate its not sufficient

jvanvliet
07-05-2012, 02:22 PM
Make sure the screen is not fouled before spending a lot of money. We have a lot of lime and iron in our sprinkler wells, sometimes the screens get fouled.

Why do you have a pressure tank on your irrigation well, is it a demand sustem?
Posted via Mobile Device

Duekster
07-05-2012, 02:39 PM
I would be more inclined to put in a fancy septic system for the irrigation than I would be to drill a new well and make changes to a system on my drinking water supply.

Capemay Eagle
07-05-2012, 05:49 PM
Make sure the screen is not fouled before spending a lot of money. We have a lot of lime and iron in our sprinkler wells, sometimes the screens get fouled.

Why do you have a pressure tank on your irrigation well, is it a demand sustem?
Posted via Mobile DeviceActually I switched from a 7 gal to a 20 gallon about two years ago on a suggestion from a plumber. I have to admit, I am not a plumber and I really do not know much in the way of wells and how they work. I really cannot answer about if the pressure tank is code or not. Where would I find the screen?

Capemay Eagle
07-05-2012, 05:52 PM
When you know the recharge rate of the well, you can proceed. Until then, you plan nothing.

The numbers are supposed to be filed with the state, on account of their interest in the complete water-supply picture.Thanks, I will have to look into that.

jvanvliet
07-06-2012, 06:30 AM
Actually I switched from a 7 gal to a 20 gallon about two years ago on a suggestion from a plumber. I have to admit, I am not a plumber and I really do not know much in the way of wells and how they work. I really cannot answer about if the pressure tank is code or not. Where would I find the screen?

Oh, I see, you are pulling your potable supply from the same well. Make sure no one in the house is running water at the same time.

There should be a well screen at the bottom of the casing in your well. This can get fouled, at least here. We've cleaned them by reversing pressure down the well point. I'd suggest getting a well man out there to check it out and at the same time check the wells re-charge rate.

Cape May County is suffering abnormar dry conditions.