PDA

View Full Version : Annual sedge

Ticolawnllc
07-05-2012, 06:19 AM
I'm very confident that's what I have. How do I kill it? Every one is all up on yellow nut sedge. I used Q4plus and it got a little toasty a week after the following week it was back I followed up and nothing. Please help

Ps. Weed alert .com said q4 plus could take care of it. I followed the lable unless I misread.
Posted via Mobile Device

Duekster
07-05-2012, 07:43 AM
what do you mean everyone is all up about yellow sedge? You mean all your clients?

What are you trying to release?

Not unusual to have to reapply

I use Certainty

Ticolawnllc
07-05-2012, 08:22 AM
With yellow nut sedge I see wilt two weeks after the annual sedge is fresh and is showing no sign of effect. By every one being about yellow sedge I mean dealers and applicators in my area. One guy even call annual sedge a worm season grass.
Posted via Mobile Device

Duekster
07-05-2012, 08:36 AM
Bentazon (Basagran T/O) will control yellow nut sedges and several
annual sedges in all species of turf grass.

Manage provides good to excellent control of both purple and yellow nut sedge,
annual sedges and fair control of the kyllinga species.

There is no one shot treatment. Also excessive moisture and poor drainage is an underlying problem, if you manage these then you will have more success in controlling sedges.

Ticolawnllc
07-05-2012, 09:27 AM
Kyllinga is what I'm fighting. I have two lawns about5k covered
Posted via Mobile Device

Duekster
07-05-2012, 09:41 AM
Kyllinga is what I'm fighting. I have two lawns about5k covered
Posted via Mobile Device

Certinty works well on Kyllinga, purple and yellow.
It is slow acting, needs surfactant.

Ticolawnllc
07-05-2012, 09:48 AM
Is Lesco or Jonathan Green suppliers?
Posted via Mobile Device

Duekster
07-05-2012, 09:51 AM
Is Lesco or Jonathan Green suppliers?
Posted via Mobile Device

JDL should have it.
I do not know of the other company. It is expensive... enough to do 1 AC is just over an a c note.

Cadzilla
07-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Dismiss is a product they will have and would work too.

Turf Dawg
07-06-2012, 07:59 AM
JDL should have it.

I do not know of the other company. It is expensive... enough to do 1 AC is just over an a c note.
Hey Dukester
you need to check out Winnfield (was Estes) they sell Certainty for 88 bucks for the 1.25oz.
Posted via Mobile Device

Duekster
07-06-2012, 08:10 AM
Hey Dukester
you need to check out Winnfield (was Estes) they sell Certainty for 88 bucks for the 1.25oz.
Posted via Mobile Device

Been there.

Winnfield ( owned by Land of Lake) had some serious computer issues. Champion road was under construction and cut some phone lines too. Long story short, Roman is not there, the place is a mess, they owe me money but could not credit me because the computer system was down. Went back two weeks later than they had amnesia.

Maybe it was just growing pains on their part but I got a little fed up after about 4 trips, computer, invoice issues, nothing in stock I wanted that I used to get from Estes all the time.

They may have it set up right now but one excuse was the Land O Lakes computer system was not really set up for retail... what they call us small time non-Ag buy the truck load guys.

Certainty is far too expensive, even at $88.00 but the label is the law. Outrider, non-residential label version is $300 for 20 Oz. I can live with a packaging price difference but 500 to 800 % is crazy greedy.

Turf Dawg
07-06-2012, 08:38 AM
I guess I have been lucky because the always get a ticket ready for me to pay lol
It was kind of a pain when the road was messed up but when I have to drive a hour or more one way I like to get the best price I can. JDL in Prosper is the easiest for me to get to, but they want like 320 bucks for Revolver and Winnfield is like 220. Certainty and Speedzone Southern is way more expensive at JDL also.
Posted via Mobile Device

Duekster
07-06-2012, 09:05 AM
I guess I have been lucky because the always get a ticket ready for me to pay lol
It was kind of a pain when the road was messed up but when I have to drive a hour or more one way I like to get the best price I can. JDL in Prosper is the easiest for me to get to, but they want like 320 bucks for Revolver and Winnfield is like 220. Certainty and Speedzone Southern is way more expensive at JDL also.
Posted via Mobile Device

JDL knows you are some what captive. BWI is in the same area.

I am about 30 to 45 mins away myself.

Thanks for giving me the heads up. I likely got there within days of the change from Estes.

Ticolawnllc
07-09-2012, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the help guys.