PDA

View Full Version : What would u go for mt50 or dingo 322

GrasshoppersLLC
07-06-2012, 04:47 PM
I have two nice machines around same price need it for small to medium landscape jobs what should I go with dingo 322 with bucket or mt50 diesel with bucket both about same price? Help please

Duekster
07-06-2012, 04:57 PM
I read on LS someone said some rental houses dropped the dingo as a rental unit because of maintenance issue. No first hand knowledge.

GrasshoppersLLC
07-06-2012, 05:00 PM
That's a start thanks

Duekster
07-06-2012, 05:02 PM
Hours are a big factor. Reputation of the seller, can you have it inspected by a mechanic

GrasshoppersLLC
07-06-2012, 05:14 PM
probably not dingo has 350 mt has 800 im mechanically inclined is there any thing that i might be unaware of to look for
Posted via Mobile Device

muddywater
07-06-2012, 07:40 PM
I am a dingo guy, but i would go for the tracked machine. Wheels suck

GrasshoppersLLC
07-06-2012, 08:01 PM
So I'm better off with the tracked one?

arbor pro
07-06-2012, 11:41 PM
tracks are better. bobcat mt50 is a good machine but the radiator is prone to plug with debris and overheat. oil changes are impossible unless you have monkey arms. tracks tend to come off the mt50 more than other tracked units I've operated. Other than that, a good machine.

dingo 322 no first hand experience. the 420tx and 425tx are both decent models that I have owned and operated. 420 is a bit underpowered for digging but fine for running attachments and moving material around. the 25hp kohler on the 425tx is a closer match to the 20hp diesel kubota on the bobcat mt50 for power.

I run mostly ditch witch sk650s now but they cost a lot more than the smaller mini skids. I always keep one or two tracked dingos or bobcat mts around just for work around the shop or acreage but the sk650s are my work brutes.

If the mt50 with 800 hrs is solid, it should bring $7500 or so. If you can get it for less, it's probably a decent deal. I'm asking $7800 for my dingo 425tx with 1300hrs on the chassis but it has a new engine with only 385hrs and a new hyd drive motor and tracks. Not trying to use this as a sales pitch - just trying to give you a comparison. Most diesel mini skids start at about $7500 and go up from there. Most good used gasers start about $6k and go up from there. With either gas or diesel, the bigger the chassis and motor and better the condition, the higher the price tag...

If you go with the mt50, just powerwash the radiator regularly and find someone with skinny long arms to change the oil filter... :)

good luck.

GrasshoppersLLC
07-08-2012, 05:52 PM
went and looked at mt50 it was a big turd.. hydrolic fluid was leaking all over bottom of engine compartment.. i think th dngo may have a simpler setup tat bobcat was jammed crowded in there
Posted via Mobile Device

arbor pro
07-09-2012, 12:14 PM
went and looked at mt50 it was a big turd.. hydrolic fluid was leaking all over bottom of engine compartment.. i think th dngo may have a simpler setup tat bobcat was jammed crowded in there
Posted via Mobile Device

makes me wonder if that was hydraulic fluid or oil? since that oil filter is such an sob to get to, it's hard to get it tight after you change it. It can sometimes leak. it would be (as you stand facing the opened hood) on the left side about 2/3 back. you can't see it, you have to reach down, in and up to feel it which is why i said you need monkey arms to change it.

I'v owned a couple of mt50s and they were fairly decent machines but you're right, the stuff is packed in and not real easy to access. The newer mt52 has better access to maintenance items as do the dingos.

If you're interested in a dingo gasser, let me know. we can work out a deal on my 425tx if you want.

GrasshoppersLLC
07-09-2012, 01:39 PM
it was hard to tell but it was an active leak plus it wasneglected black ass oil.. terrible air filter hydrolic resiovor cap was wrong one and justsiting on there didn trust it one bit
Posted via Mobile Device

GrasshoppersLLC
07-09-2012, 01:41 PM
i would but im trying to find a deal on a skid and auger and bucket and i know you hustle skids so im not gonna get a deal.. sorry if that sounded bad
Posted via Mobile Device

I MOW ALONE
07-09-2012, 03:16 PM
i would but im trying to find a deal on a skid and auger and bucket and i know you hustle skids so im not gonna get a deal.. sorry if that sounded bad
Posted via Mobile Device

let me get this right you want a DEAL on a skid and so far the ones you have looked at in your price range were garbage. this man offers you a well maintained machine what your looking for in your price range and you say oh since you hustle skids im not gonna get a deal. you hustle mowers does that mean anybody that buys a mower from you never gets a DEAL ? why dont you just put up an ad saying if your willing to give it away for next to nothing and its a creampuff i'll take it like you do with your ads for wanted mowers. sometimes you gotta pay for what you want even if its not the best deal out there if you really need a specific machine and dont want a POS

White Gardens
07-09-2012, 03:38 PM
I'd go with neither. Both units are limited in power and dump height.

Go to a DW or Vermeer dealer and see what they have in stock for used rentals. Got a good deal on my Vermeer that way.

That and the dealers have more than likely done a good job of maintaining them.

arbor pro
07-09-2012, 03:53 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

no problem. Just thought I would put it out there if you can't find a better machine at a better price. Lots of dingo 413s and 420s out there if a smaller gas machine will fit your needs. Diesels are much more limited though and really hold their value.

for what it's worth, I do have an auger - just no bit - don't need one for screwing in earth anchors to hold large spaded trees. my dingo comes with a bucket and I think I will sell my tiller (rotodarion) and trencher as well if someone wants the package with or without the attachment trailer.

arbor pro
07-09-2012, 04:06 PM
I'd go with neither. Both units are limited in power and dump height.

Go to a DW or Vermeer dealer and see what they have in stock for used rentals. Got a good deal on my Vermeer that way.

That and the dealers have more than likely done a good job of maintaining them.

I'd go along with the DW or vermeer idea if you have more money for one. You won't pay the same as for a bobcat or dingo that's for sure. I own ditch witch 650s and they're great but they come with a pricetag. You're comparing apples to oranges. A dingo 420 or 425 or a bobcat mt50 or 52 is certainly not going to be in the same league as a DW sk650 or vermeer 600tx. Just like there are different sizes of full-size skid steers, minis are just as diverse. The buyer has to figure out what meets his needs and what he can afford and then make a choice but no one machine fits all needs that's for sure...

as for the maintenance - I wouldn't go along with the assumption that a dealer maintains equipment better than an idividual or small company. In some cases, perhaps, but most individuals like myself take darn good care of their stuff because they need it to last. We can't afford to neglect stuff and have it go to pot. For example, most user manuals call for oil changes every 100 hours. i do mine every 50 including a new oil filter every time, not every other time. I do air filters about as often as I find the factory replacement intervals are simply too far apart when you work in dirty conditions and, let's face it - most of us don't work in a dust-controlled environment.

AP

GrasshoppersLLC
07-09-2012, 06:39 PM
I only have 7000$ to spend on one and though the ones you may have are in better shape I'm limited to what I can afford that's all.

GrasshoppersLLC
07-09-2012, 06:41 PM
I know what your saying mow alone.. What I said came out the wrong way.. He's know skids like I know mowers so I'm sure it's all legit I just don't have the extra 3-4 gs

muddywater
07-09-2012, 11:38 PM
let me get this right you want a DEAL on a skid and so far the ones you have looked at in your price range were garbage. this man offers you a well maintained machine what your looking for in your price range and you say oh since you hustle skids im not gonna get a deal. you hustle mowers does that mean anybody that buys a mower from you never gets a DEAL ? why dont you just put up an ad saying if your willing to give it away for next to nothing and its a creampuff i'll take it like you do with your ads for wanted mowers. sometimes you gotta pay for what you want even if its not the best deal out there if you really need a specific machine and dont want a POS

I think he meant he did not want to pay retail. Obviuosly arborpro bought it cheaper than he is selling it. Just look on craigslist everyday, that is where arborpro finds his mini skids.

I have found great deals on craigslist just like arborpro. I bought my tx525(similar to sk650) for $4500 w 900hrs, another tx525 w 1000hrs for $6250, my tx425 for 6k with 475hrs and a boring attachment. Deals are out there you just have be patient and be good at negotiating

I MOW ALONE
07-09-2012, 11:54 PM
I know what your saying mow alone.. What I said came out the wrong way.. He's know skids like I know mowers so I'm sure it's all legit I just don't have the extra 3-4 gs

he said he would work a deal with you. he knows what you want and what you have to spend so by him saying he would work a deal with you im assuming he would be willing to accept what you have to spend. make him the offer if he bites your both happy he sells his machine and you get what you want for your price. and if he makes a few bucks good for him cant fault him for that as you make some $ off the units you flip. anyway good luck in your search

GrasshoppersLLC
07-10-2012, 08:19 AM
Thanks guys.....

White Gardens
07-10-2012, 03:28 PM

Personally, I'd hold out until you do. You would be almost twice as productive with a stand on unit over any walk behind.

muddywater
07-10-2012, 05:20 PM
Personally, I'd hold out until you do. You would be almost twice as productive with a stand on unit over any walk behind.

Forkster makes ride plates for all of them
Posted via Mobile Device

arbor pro
07-11-2012, 09:20 AM
He's likely talking about travel speed. Most of the units that DO NOT come with factory stand on plates have a 2mph reverse and 3-4mph forward travel speed while larger units with the built in operator platform have 4mph both forward and reverse. It makes sense as, if you're walking behind a machine and not on it, there's always the danger of being pinched between the machine and an object. that's why the walk-behind machines have the 'stop guards' or 'press plates' as I call them for operator safety.

The best advice I can give someone when they're asking me advice on mini skids is get the best machine you can afford. If you can't afford to drive a corvette, you make due with what you can afford. It might not have all the power and functionality of the vette but you can always upgrade if/when you can afford it but, something is usually better than nothing if it saves you back labor and time.

I've been doing tree work and landscaping for 27 years. I didn't acquire all the equipment I have now overnight. I started out with the pitiful junk that I could afford and slowly upgraded my stuff as I could afford to do so. Now, my stuff is all paid for and I can afford to have the bigger better equipment that would have bankrupted me 27 years ago. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the smaller dingos, bobcats, etc so long as they get the job done. They might be slower and less productive than the bigger mini skids but they still are productive and a more economical way to get started with a mini than trying to save up to buy a new vermeer or ditch witch. I say 'new' because used vermeers and ditch witches are far and few inbetween. the bobcats and dingos are more plentiful because they're less expensive. For someone on a tighter budget, they make more sense as a starter machine. Once a person pays off that machine and realizes its productivity, then that's the time to trade up to a bigger better machine but it's no different than how you'd treat your other equipment. You start small to keep overhead low and work your way up to bigger better stuff.

AP

GrasshoppersLLC
07-11-2012, 10:23 PM
Picked up my new toy today I got a dingo 222 with a brand new 23 kohler and new pump last year.. It has a tiller, auger with 30" bit, forks, ripper, and light material bucket I got it for 4000$ is that a good deal...almost had the trailer but they wanted to keep it for the new dingo they were buying..

GrasshoppersLLC
07-11-2012, 10:24 PM
Where can I find a 12" auger for posts. Is there anything local and how much would I spend on a new one?

muddywater
07-11-2012, 10:33 PM
Picked up my new toy today I got a dingo 222 with a brand new 23 kohler and new pump last year.. It has a tiller, auger with 30" bit, forks, ripper, and light material bucket I got it for 4000$ is that a good deal...almost had the trailer but they wanted to keep it for the new dingo they were buying..

Great deal! 222's are indestructable, the dingo rental/dealer here has one with 6000 hrs!

tread lightly services
07-11-2012, 11:23 PM
great deal only thing to watch is the chain tension, on the front drives. i have a 322 and i friggin love it!!! i had a tx420 just not as awesome as i was expecting a tracked machinr to be over a wheeled one....also i plow/snowblow with mine, so tracks are useless on the ice. decided to keep the 322 love the zero turn capability, and the pricetag was right.

GrasshoppersLLC
07-11-2012, 11:33 PM
Is there a certain way to check the tension? Should it be loose or tight?